• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looking for a female perspective on OCS

This is coming a bit from left field, but are results from a pap smear required to be scheduled for MEPs for the OCS package? Or can MEPS be scheduled first, and then the pap smear results sent in a bit later?

I ask because, although I submitted my medical forms to my recruiter in mid-August, he only told me yesterday that I need a more recent pap smear. This issue with this is that my application deadline is only 1.5 weeks away. Today he abruptly told me that I simply cannot submit my application this time because there is no way I can schedule a pap smear appointment, get the results and then schedule MEPS before the deadline. He also specified that he cannot schedule MEPS until I have new pap smear results in hand (takes 3-4 days), and that MEPS requires a three-day notice beforehand.

My recruiter has been erratic throughout the process, so I'd like to ask if this assessment is accurate. If it's possible to schedule MEPS before the pap results come back, I may be able to squeak in before the deadline.

I worked hard to put together my application, and had to network my heart out to find interviewers for required officer appraisals on my own, although this is the recruiter's responsibility. Additionally, this is my final chance to apply for OCS because I will age out. I'm a bit stunned at the moment that all of this effort may have been for nothing because of one tardy notification.
I went to MEPS one day for all my medical tests and was told by my recruiter to get a Pap smear on my own the next day from my own OB/GYN, who then sent the results to my recruiter and she took care of it from there. This was over a year ago and I had my MEPS appointment at Walter Reed.

This is coming a bit from left field, but are results from a pap smear required to be scheduled for MEPs for the OCS package? Or can MEPS be scheduled first, and then the pap smear results sent in a bit later?

I ask because, although I submitted my medical forms to my recruiter in mid-August, he only told me yesterday that I need a more recent pap smear. This issue with this is that my application deadline is only 1.5 weeks away. Today he abruptly told me that I simply cannot submit my application this time because there is no way I can schedule a pap smear appointment, get the results and then schedule MEPS before the deadline. He also specified that he cannot schedule MEPS until I have new pap smear results in hand (takes 3-4 days), and that MEPS requires a three-day notice beforehand.

My recruiter has been erratic throughout the process, so I'd like to ask if this assessment is accurate. If it's possible to schedule MEPS before the pap results come back, I may be able to squeak in before the deadline.

I worked hard to put together my application, and had to network my heart out to find interviewers for required officer appraisals on my own, although this is the recruiter's responsibility. Additionally, this is my final chance to apply for OCS because I will age out. I'm a bit stunned at the moment that all of this effort may have been for nothing because of one tardy notification.
I did not go through MEPS, but went through one of the clinics on base. I did have to have my results from a recent (In the last 12 months) in hand before I went to the clinic. I just told my recruiter when I had received the results and she was able to schedule.

aweez

I didn't see this answered yet so hopefully I didn't miss it... any recommendations on what to wear to first day of OCS for check in? I've heard khakis and a polo shirt from some guys but I don't own either so wondering what other females have worn.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I didn't see this answered yet so hopefully I didn't miss it... any recommendations on what to wear to first day of OCS for check in? I've heard khakis and a polo shirt from some guys but I don't own either so wondering what other females have worn.

Look at the OCS Facebook page for help.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Flip flops, board shorts, a funny T-shirt, and a fedora should do it...
For some reason this post made me think of the lates ‘70s video “Pressure Point.” Hey, maybe I’ll get my Phantom today.

Meyerkord

pilot
What you wear on day 1 doesn't matter. You'll all change into Navy issued PT clothes after you start checking in. People where basically whatever they want. Take a look at the "Officer Training Command Newport" Facebook page and dig through some of the pictures.

AIRMMCPORET

Plan “A” Retired
What you wear on day 1 doesn't matter. You'll all change into Navy issued PT clothes after you start checking in. People where basically whatever they want. Take a look at the "Officer Training Command Newport" Facebook page and dig through some of the pictures.

Opuntia

This sounds like what happened to me, also this past August. I went through MEPS – in June – before knowing that I had to get a pap smear, but because I'd had one 3 years ago, maybe they didn't care ? That was before beginning the officer process. Once the officer process started in July, I had to get a (new) pap smear. It was from a non-military doctor.

It'd be great if we ended up being in the same OCS class ! I'm also on the upper age range and am going for the November board.

Opuntia

Greetings, all, any recent OCS grads who have feedback on the morning routine ? I have long hair that's almost long enough for a bun, but am considering cutting it to short-short if it makes getting ready quickly easier.
Could not find any (recent, ie, later than 2015) posts on this... Thanks.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Greetings, all, any recent OCS grads who have feedback on the morning routine ? I have long hair that's almost long enough for a bun, but am considering cutting it to short-short if it makes getting ready quickly easier.
Could not find any (recent, ie, later than 2015) posts on this... Thanks.

Ask your OR if he/she knows a former female applicant who went through OCS.