• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looking for a female perspective on OCS

Tsara21

Philippians 4:13
I haven’t gone through yet, but I’ve been practicing and have my plan down.

I have medium-long naturally curly hair. For every day and PT wear, I’m planning on doing a twist bun. I’ve practiced getting it down quickly, and have also been practicing sleeping with it done so it’s ready for PT. I feel a lot better after practicing a few times, definitely recommend it.

For inspections, I’m going to do the sock bun just because it’s so easy, and looks nicer. I’ve found success twisting the ends around the bun.

Don’t chop your hair if you’re going to just grow it out again... I think it’s worth it to figure out how to manage it, so later on you know what to do.
Hi was wondering if there was a way to direct message you? I tried to pm you but it doesn’t allow me to lol. Thanks!

Out of curiosity - at graduation/commissioning, do women get the option to wear skirts instead of pants? Was just curious because I know female USNA and ROTC grads get a choice, but I hadn’t seen any photos from OCS where the women wore skirts at their graduation.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Out of curiosity - at graduation/commissioning, do women get the option to wear skirts instead of pants? Was just curious because I know female USNA and ROTC grads get a choice, but I hadn’t seen any photos from OCS where the women wore skirts at their graduation.

You can probably find that answer on the OCS Facebook page.

You can probably find that answer on the OCS Facebook page.
That’s what I meant by not having seen any photos of women wearing skirts at OCS. I was simply curious if it was an actual policy there, since neither of the other two commissioning sources have that rule (I know USNA did in 2016, which they reversed).

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
That’s what I meant by not having seen any photos of women wearing skirts at OCS. I was simply curious if it was an actual policy there, since neither of the other two commissioning sources have that rule (I know USNA did in 2016, which they reversed).
My female friend graduates 20JUL. I will ask her for you. You'll be flying in that day or the next, but I'll shoot you a message here when I find out/when she can answer.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

There might not be a navy policy per se but instead a command policy.

bjjhelm

Just send it
Hi! Long time reader, first time poster about to ask a somewhat silly question. I've struggled with my skin for about 5 years now and have finally got my acne under control. Is that all gonna go to hell once I get to OCS/are there restrictions on the amount of products you're allowed to bring? Thanks!

andrewt

Hi! Long time reader, first time poster about to ask a somewhat silly question. I've struggled with my skin for about 5 years now and have finally got my acne under control. Is that all gonna go to hell once I get to OCS/are there restrictions on the amount of products you're allowed to bring? Thanks!
Think I recall reading in the OCR or maybe some OCS gouge document acne medication being specifically forbidden. Might be able to circumvent that if you're on something you have a prescription for. You'll have to bring the prescription and get it filled at Newport IIRC.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Think I recall reading in the OCR or maybe some OCS gouge document acne medication being specifically forbidden. Might be able to circumvent that if you're on something you have a prescription for. You'll have to bring the prescription and get it filled at Newport IIRC.
I’m sure at least one of the DI’s wives sells Rodan & Fields, they’ll cut you in on the pyramid scheme and you’ll have your product...

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
Oh that reminds me. I'm a chapstick fiend. Can I keep one on me in my sock or something? Maybe it's being in the desert after growing up on the coast of VA, but I need chapstick desperately. I have a purse chapstick, a work chapstick, a living room chapstick, and a bathroom chapstick on the shelf with my face products :p

Edit: rogue capitalization