• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looking for a female perspective on OCS

Are swimsuits issued at ocs for women? Ive seen some packing lists that say bring one and some that dont mention it. I report on may 20th and just want to be as prepared as possible. Also read that deoderent needs to be unscented? Is this true?

Thanks for the help

mhunter

None
Are swimsuits issued at ocs for women? Ive seen some packing lists that say bring one and some that dont mention it. I report on may 20th and just want to be as prepared as possible. Also read that deoderent needs to be unscented? Is this true?

Thanks for the help
Swimsuits weren’t issued when I went through. Everyone just brought their own. You’d probably be more comfortable in one you pick out anyways. They definitely didn’t check if our deodorant was unscented either. Just bring whatever works for you. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me! It’s been almost two years since I went through, but not much changes there. Best of luck!

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
Swimsuits weren’t issued when I went through. Everyone just brought their own. You’d probably be more comfortable in one you pick out anyways. They definitely didn’t check if our deodorant was unscented either. Just bring whatever works for you. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me! It’s been almost two years since I went through, but not much changes there. Best of luck!
Can I PM you? I finally got selected and I'd love to pick your brain too!

aweez

I'm pretty sure this hasn't been covered, but I may have missed something. During PT at OCS are we permitted to wear our hair in a pony tail per regs? Found this on the Navy Female Hair Regs website. http://www.navy.mil/ah_online/um/FHPT.html

Would appreciate if someone who has graduated OCS semi recently would know this!

How hard is it for the women to keep up with the men at PT? I know PRT standards are different between the two, and while I can almost max the female standards for my age group (just a little off on the run), they obviously don’t translate very well when compared to male standards. I’m doing everything I can to inch my way up the male standards, just a little nervous about not being able to “keep up” with the men during the daily PT and rollable events.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
They don’t, that’s why you have different standards. You’ll get as much love as the next candidate, the DI’s are professionals and know what level of output is appropriate for your gender.

They will be busy anyway with guys like me who were closer to the female PRT standards than the male...

They don’t, that’s why you have different standards. You’ll get as much love as the next candidate, the DI’s are professionals and know what level of output is appropriate for your gender.

They will be busy anyway with guys like me who were closer to the female PRT standards than the male...
Great, thanks!

Bergers2short

None

+1. Also, the beatings will have plenty of legs and abs to break up the push ups. Long distance runs are broken into groups by speed. We had women split between the medium and slow paced groups. Don't worry about it.

Last edited: