• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looking for a female perspective on OCS

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
Like I said, I wasn't trying to insinuate that you are/were. But you should instead look to standout rather than blend in because when you get to a training squadron and they ask OCS, do you want them to say;

"Oh she was normal middle of the pack"

or

"She was amazing best of everything and always out front"

That is all I am trying to say. :icon_wink

I agree more with this. True that your standing in OCS doesn't really do anything for you after OCS. But I wanted to standout. I wanted to be the leader. There were about 3 of us that all wanted to be the Class President. I was picked by the class and I did get extra attention from Di's. But not all of it was bad attention. Looking back I'm glad I did it. I wish I would have done it in boot camp back in the early 90's. Just remember that OCS is all about the boat method. One person kicks a hole in the boat, everyone drowns.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You might want to check out the Chick Fighter Pilot Association (CFPA). It's an Air Force thing, but they have a forum (Chatroom) and lots of photos to motivate you (and guys, too....on another level I suppose).

CFPA.jpg

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Eddie,

You do not want to stand out at SERE school, I promise you that. I went through SERE school in Feb. of 2002 in the mountains of Maine, as a Enlisted Naval Aircrewman, no fun! At least if I get picked up for OCS I won't have to go through again as an officer :). Afterall, officers get it even worse!

-Ken

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
I'm surprised you actually posted a picture... I'll be interested to see if the DI's remember you from AW when you arrive at OCS! Keep us posted!

SDNalgene

Blind. Continue...
pilot
That's a sweet beard! You'll stand out for sure with that! ;)

Brett

Not to mention the thumb ring.:icon_tong

On a serious note, just get through it. There will be plenty of times to shine later on, as well as other times to once again make sure you don't stand out (like being unknown in A pool and standing out in API). Pick your battles and do your best. Good luck.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
So, I'm confused. Exactly what is it about you that makes you think you're going to stand out? Do you have a third arm coming out of your back or something, because if you think it's because of some kind of hotness factor, well, I'd think again.

Brett

Fvck, just spilled my drink from laughing....:eek::icon_tong