• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lets talk Transformers....

jdnew

It was better than the last movie (cartoon.) Am I the only one that cried when Optimus Prime died (in the old movie)? (Any else one notice the "one will stand and one will fall" line????) Triva- galvatron's voice was Leonard Nemoy and Unicron was Orson Wells.

WVUBetaHornet

Sweep the leg..
The cartoon movie was a great piece of film history...don't bash it.
..and it's Unicron; what a sweet transformer. :D

Also, it's "One shall stand, one shall fall."

jdnew

Wow, I am impressed. I guess I am not as big a fan as I thought. Unicron was corrected. It would not be smart to offend him. ;)

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
RetreadRand said:
Wow,
I thought the Air Force was full of dorks.
I hope all you guys get SWO.
Negative rep to you... :D I can't wait to see the movie, and enjoyed the cartoon when I was younger...

MasterBates

I just saw it :eek:

I felt like I was the 7 year old kid who made his mom drive across 3 states (ok, 2.5, one was Rhode Island) to get me Optimus Prime for my birthday.

And it has more than enough adult humor to not feel like a kids movie.

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
Saw it a couple of days ago and was not expecting much. It really blew me away with the graphics (though I have to agree that there were a few spots where you couldn't quite tell what was going on), and while there were a few crappy lines here and there, overall it was fairly solid, and very funny. Good stuff; wouldn't mind buying it when it comes out on DVD.

Cate

Pretty much invincible
Saw it last night. One of the perks of being a chick is that when the Autobots assembled and that red and blue Peterbilt transformed and Optimus Prime spoke for the first time and I got just a little bit teary, I could play it off.

Honestly, I went into that movie fully prepared to give it a pass on general cinematic crappiness just based on childhood nostalgia. When it was actually clever, funny, well-acted (well, okay, some parts), visually stunning, and altogether entertaining, I felt like I'd hit the lottery. Can't wait for DVD - and the sequels.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
I just saw it :eek:

I felt like I was the 7 year old kid who made his mom drive across 3 states (ok, 2.5, one was Rhode Island) to get me Optimus Prime for my birthday.

And it has more than enough adult humor to not feel like a kids movie.

Plenty of adult humor, my buddy and I were the only ones laughing several times. There were even had Seahawks in it....so of course its awesome. But in all seriousness, where do I get a chick that works on cars and is as hot as Megan Fox?

cisforsmasher

pilot
I was quite impressed. I was at the edge of my seat for the whole 2 and half hours. I am going to go out on a limb and say it should have been two movies. As action packed as it was, you didnt get much character development for the actual transformers and other characters. Maybe its because i watched the series too much as a kid (which i might start doing again out of nostalgia), but i think it would have been more interesting to throw some more background plot in there. I think splitting it would have allowed for more depth, not to mention extricating twice as much money my pockets. Megan Fox also needs to spend a lot more time on screen. My jaw dropped every time she stepped on.