• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lets talk Transformers....

Cate

Pretty much invincible
I thought it was kind of funny that all of the "good guy" cars were GMs, and Barricade was a Saleen Mustang. I have this image of the guy from GM negotiating all of the product placement and then saying, "Y'know, I'm not saying anything, but if one of the bad guys could be played by a Ford... Not that I'm saying anything..."

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
That whole situation is actually a little funny.

Ford actually wouldnt let them to use that car. They had to go through Saleen to get it.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
I don't know why they cared that Barracade looked totally bad ass in that movie.
Its a bunch of fat cat executives worried about how their products are shown (VW didnt want their cars used because the movie was too violent). I can understand, I mean, after seeing that Mountain Dew machine start chucking cans at people, I have been having serious mental breakdowns around soda machines, in fact just hearing the "psssh" of a can opening leaves me in cold sweats...

montellv

Professional Badguy
pilot
Really excited for this...great game, and I'm sure the movie will be equally as entertaining. Olyphant was great in Die Hard...he should prove to be a good addition to yet another movie he stars in.

Olyphant is trying to live down his famous dildo fight in "Sorority Boys"

WishICouldFly

UO Future Pork Chop
Saw the movie last night...best lines in the movie:
"Give me the CUBE, boy!"
"I can smell you."

"Sam, put the CUBE in my CHEST!"

I loved the movie, but I think they could have done some of their research better.
From what I've seen, usually Rangers aren't considered 'Spec-Ops', and none of the 'Rangers' had Ranger tabs. Jon Voight was a horrible SecDef, and the John Turturro (Agent Simmons) who played the head of Sector 7 was ghastly. He's tough and corrupt in the beginning, which was good, but then once he makes up with Sam, he just goes wacko, loses all military bearing.
But that's just coming from a kid that oogles at anything military-related but can't deal with unrealism.

And there was definitely over use of dramatic slow-motion.

BlackBearHockey

go blue...
none of the 'Rangers' had Ranger tabs.

My favorite uniform inaccuracy was the USAF guy (don't know his name) walking into the dam wearing USMC desert digitals, then the next scene shows him in AF BDUs.

I am pretty sure that they showcased every aircraft in the USAF inventory...

I was a little upset that the only time the Navy was shown was leaving, but I digress.

Overall I enjoyed the movie (just saw it tonight). My only qualm, and it's fairly small, was that all the transformer on transformer action was too close up, it kind of looked like a blur most of the time.

That and the genius who brings his three 5-8 year old kids to a 10:55 start time movie and lets them run amuck the entire time. Thanks for that.