• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lemoore Is Tough to Get On!

Judge Q

Judging You
With a RAG jet just bouncing away in the FCLP pattern like it's NBD, too. Let's make the helo doing real-world LE ops climb 1000 feet so LTJG Snuffy can get a few more looks at the ball . . . :rolleyes:

"They're not gonna stop for the highway patrol dude"

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
He was a squadron CO. Not that that affects your point. I landed just a moment before he launched.
I'm just surprised Tower wasn't like "yeaaah . . . if you could just do a straight-in to a full stop, that'd be greaaat."

AIRMMCPORET

Plan “A” Retired
Hornet stabs are nasty, my first cruise with them on USS America I was going forward between cat 1-2 on the deck after recoveries and put my forehead on the trailing edge of one so hard it knocked me back a couple feet. Thank god for crainels, the forhead plastic saved my pretty face, but it had to be replaced.⚓️

Python

pilot
Contributor
I'm just surprised Tower wasn't like "yeaaah . . . if you could just do a straight-in to a full stop, that'd be greaaat."

They did. And he tried. He did a couple of bounces but then he tried to land. First the meth head caused him to wave off on the left. Then he waved off on the right because the truck drove there. Then back to the left...

robav8r

None
Contributor
Hornet stabs are nasty, my first cruise with them on USS America I was going forward between cat 1-2 on the deck after recoveries and put my forehead on the trailing edge of one so hard it knocked me back a couple feet. Thank god for crainels, the forhead plastic saved my pretty face, but it had to be replaced.⚓️
Agree - when I was on STENNIS in '98, I watched someone run full speed into the trailing edge of a stab as well. Knocked him flat on his ass and then, almost on Hollywood cue, a six inch horizontal line across his forehead just opened up and started gushing blood. It was pretty gruesome to see . . .

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
If my options were running to Coalinga or Vislia I might just seek out a Hornet stab as well.