• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lemoore Is Tough to Get On!

HuggyU2

None
... unless you just go in the gate the wrong way. WTF??
"We have to find a way to prevent that from happening in the future". No shit?

http://abc30.com/news/chp-chase-ends-in-fatal-crash-into-a-f-a-18-at-nas-lemoore/1270233/

How does a clueless driver get all the way onto the base, onto the flightline, crash into a Super Hornet before "security" can do anything?

Having gone through weapons training with the contract security folks at my former base and seeing how accurate they are, it's probably a good thing they didn't try to open fire.

We better get our shit together when it comes to installation security.

Last edited:

Malo83

Keep the Faith
Somebody dropped the ball! another base stand down day coming up for training ;), visited the base a few weeks ago and was held up at the gate due to a security training exercise that was in progress, wonder how that worked out.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Wait what?

"A CHP helicopter continued to follow the vehicle as it passed through an entry point of the airfield on the operations side of the base and then crashed into an F/A-18 fighter -- about 7 miles northwest of the airbase main entrance.
"

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I thought the point of all those obnoxious chicanes and barriers you went through was supposed to protect us from this?

Oh, well. At least we've trained the gate guards to physically grab your ID from your hand, move it a minimum of 18 inches from your window and a maximum of 3 inches from their navel, and check both sides of it before letting you on base. Because obviously we have a people-Xeroxing-one-side-of-a-CAC-card problem which far outweighs our nutjobs-crashing-the-effing-flightline problem and our letting-people-on-base-during-rush-hour-without-a-half-mile-long-line problem.

AQ-AT-NAVCIV

Citizen Sailor, Gentleman Farmer
Norfolk let a guy driving an 18 wheeler through the gate, then the pier guards just let him walk through the barricades and up a ships brow. I guess the lessons learned from that did not travel out west?

My only guess is they ran that side gate? they could not have possibly been allowed to run all the way from the main gate.

HuggyU2

None
My only guess is they ran that side gate? they could not have possibly been allowed to run all the way from the main gate.
Isn't there a secondary security entrance on the Ops side? If not, I'm guessing there will be soon.
And didn't Lemoore spend a ton of money to install those pop up barriers in the road?

If nothing else... hopefully the Skipper will at least paint an SUV silhouette on the side of the jet that took battle damage.

nugget81

pilot
"Officers believe the two were driving on base for some time as the time between the start of the pursuit and the crash on base is 22 minutes. A drive that's really only a few miles long." Abc30.com

The article quoted CHP as saying that the pursuit lasted 4 minutes before they got on base. That means they drove around base for 18 minutes before crashing. We're going to call time to kill an other...