• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Legal Age to Consume Alcohol and USNA Stories

Waldo

Harrier Bubba
pilot
(...HOWEVER the President presided over our graduation and as is tradition he pardoned everyone)

No pardon for "serious" offenses when the President presided over graduation for the Class of '92. At least I got a 24 hour reprieve to attend my Ring Dance. So I had that going for me...

exhelodrvr

pilot
That is true. 18 was the legal drinking age in Maryland at the time. Beer was sold by the pitcher at Dahlgren Hall and it was not uncommon to see Firsties at the USNA O'club on a Friday night. Sunday Hockey games at Dahlgren were a favorite pass time. Around '79 they stopped selling beer during the games (before and after was allowed) due to "accidental" dumping of pitchers from the balcony above the visiting teams bench. I think the concern was alcohol abuse (the dumping not drinking :D)

Disco Dahlgren! One Saturday night an inebriated mid was in the head pouring a pitcher of beer into one of the urinals, with the explanation that he was "cutting out the middle man."

exhelodrvr

pilot
Anybody here recall "Buzzy's Pizza"? They served anybody in the late 60's no matter the age.......and the pizza was good too. ;)

Absolutely - just two (?) blocks from the Chapel gate. It closed down in 1979 or thereabouts. It was good pizza.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Disco Dahlgren! One Saturday night an inebriated mid was in the head pouring a pitcher of beer into one of the urinals, with the explanation that he was "cutting out the middle man."

It might have been my plebe year or youngster year, but during the majority of those 2 years, we used Dahlgren as our dining hall as King Hall was being renovated. With that said, during Army week, some ingenious plebes brought GIANT Trash Cans on the overhang only to dump it on some unsuspecting company below and were able to run off very quickly, obviously. Not sure if they ever got caught, they wore ski-masks and the Navy Hoodie and cammie pants if I recall correctly, so nothing with their name on the outside to identify them with. Absolutely perfect execution.

exhelodrvr

pilot
It might have been my plebe year or youngster year, but during the majority of those 2 years, we used Dahlgren as our dining hall as King Hall was being renovated. With that said, during Army week, some ingenious plebes brought GIANT Trash Cans on the overhang only to dump it on some unsuspecting company below and were able to run off very quickly, obviously. Not sure if they ever got caught, they wore ski-masks and the Navy Hoodie and cammie pants if I recall correctly, so nothing with their name on the outside to identify them with. Absolutely perfect execution.

LOL! Could they seat the entire brigade at once, or did they have to stagger the meal times?

Changing the time on the clock up on the outside top of Dahlgren was an occasional late Saturday night activity.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
LOL! Could they seat the entire brigade at once, or did they have to stagger the meal times?

Changing the time on the clock up on the outside top of Dahlgren was an occasional late Saturday night activity.

2/3 Of the Brigade ate in Dahlgren (the bell and anchor was broadcast into King Hall, but I'm not sure if they could hear anything, I assume they could) with the other 1/3 in the part of King not being renovated at the time, and then they moved 2/3 into the newly renovated sections of King Hall while 1/3 (basically 4th and 5th Batts in 2nd, 4th and 6th wings) stayed in Dahlgren. They also moved the anchor/bell back to King hall at that time - and it was broadcast into Dahlgren on big projectors and giant, ear piercing speakers.

wingsB4rings

Four fans of freedom, all day long
None

Hilarious!
"One 50 gallon Beat-Army, coming right up, Sir."