• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Leaving My OR for a New One

exNavyOffRec

I think we are talking about two different things. I'm referring to making sure you are meeting the OR more than half way as a prospective Officer worth investing time in and not marching into their office with a thousand problem.

I sure didn't mean literally "wine and dine" them. :confused:

Unfortunately so was I!

CampB

How they calculate the GPA is they add up all your GPA credits earned and then divide that by credits attempted, that is the GPA that they see on the front of the application, that is what they will use to qualify you as far as GPA.

They cannot send your application to board to be reviewed without you being fully qualified and waivered.

On Intel or IW or IP you do have time, more than you may be aware of as I was meeting with some friends still at the NRD and they have been told not to count on any IDC or Supply boards in the near future and to push them to SWO and/or aviation if they want to get in.
Thanks for the info. Is that just because they're more in need of SWO than officers for Intel or Supply?

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
I miss the point where my profile picture is relevant in any way.

You're trying to get into a business where everything matters. Your peers will scrutinize everything you do, give you a high five when you deserve one, and then mercilessly mock you for doing something else in the same breath. Sound dumb on the radio? You're going to hear about it. Have a stupid myspace type profile pic? You're going to hear about it. How do you think callsigns are made? Most likely because you did something stupid, or your name has some type of joke associated with it. You either take it in stride or you eventually flush out.

CampB

You're trying to get into a business where everything matters. Your peers will scrutinize everything you do, give you a high five when you deserve one, and then mercilessly mock you for doing something else in the same breath. Sound dumb on the radio? You're going to hear about it. Have a stupid myspace type profile pic? You're going to hear about it. How do you think callsigns are made? Most likely because you did something stupid, or your name has some type of joke associated with it. You either take it in stride or you eventually flush out.
That's the least of my worries at the moment, but well understood. Thanks.

Oneil

Tranquillitas Ordinis
My experience thus far: My OR and I have a "tough" relationship. She has been extremely patient with me all while kicking my a** into gear. Applying to OCS has been a three month process for me. With your credentials, I would expect 5+.

Oneil

Tranquillitas Ordinis
My two cents: I don't understand the whole tattoo restriction policy anyway. Tattooing is part of Navy tradition. I do understand discriminating against those with tattoos on the face.

Bam Bam

FTS AMDO
I think you’re going to have an uphill battle due to the neck tattoo. The latest NAVCRUIT 1130/104 (UNITED STATES NAVY TATTOO SCREENING CERTIFICATE) says:

5. Are any of the tattoos/body art/brands on the neck, face or scalp? It then goes on to say,

Any "Yes" response to items 5, 6, 7, or 8 above is disqualifying, no waiver authorized.

Good luck! Hopefully the tattoo removal process works. Even after the removal is complete you still may get denied during the enlistment eligibility determination by COMNAVCRUITCOM (N36) for officer candidates. I not trying to be a Debbie downer, I just want to make sure you know what you’re up against.

Good luck!

Attachments

• 1130.104.pdf
    638.2 KB · Views: 9

CampB

My two cents: I don't understand the whole tattoo restriction policy anyway. Tattooing is part of Navy tradition. I do understand discriminating against those with tattoos on the face.
The biggest irony is that the tattoo I'm getting removed is Sailor Jerry's Lady Poison flash.

CampB

I think you’re going to have an uphill battle due to the neck tattoo. The latest NAVCRUIT 1130/104 (UNITED STATES NAVY TATTOO SCREENING CERTIFICATE) says:

5. Are any of the tattoos/body art/brands on the neck, face or scalp? It then goes on to say,

Any "Yes" response to items 5, 6, 7, or 8 above is disqualifying, no waiver authorized.

Good luck! Hopefully the tattoo removal process works. Even after the removal is complete you still may get denied during the enlistment eligibility determination by COMNAVCRUITCOM (N36) for officer candidates. I not trying to be a Debbie downer, I just want to make sure you know what you’re up against.

Good luck!
Hello, and thanks for the info. I just don't understand why even after getting it removed, it could still be a problem. I told my OR about my shoulder to elbow half sleeve and the two small ones on each wrist but she focused more on the one on my neck which is why I'm getting that one removed right away.

exNavyOffRec

Was part of the USN tradition.

Do you know the #1 reason that people don't get past the first in person interview? It is visible tattoos

exNavyOffRec

Thanks for the info. Is that just because they're more in need of SWO than officers for Intel or Supply?

Yes, Intel/IW/IP and Supply have tiny accession goals compared to SWO, for OCS if you add up Pilot/NFO/SWO they will bring in about 500 people per year, Intel/IW/IP/Supply total about 125

exNavyOffRec

Hello, and thanks for the info. I just don't understand why even after getting it removed, it could still be a problem. I told my OR about my shoulder to elbow half sleeve and the two small ones on each wrist but she focused more on the one on my neck which is why I'm getting that one removed right away.

Because the neck is an automatic DQ and she is probably hoping you would hear that and go way.

The question you need to ask is has her CO ever waivered a person with the other ones you have, if the answer is no then you have choices to make.

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
When I started this I was a 28 year old female who, by virtue of being 28 years old and having life experience had baggage. Not a lot, but baggage happens as we get older.

I have the utmost respect for ORs that do a good job. I do also have some first hand knowledge of a recruiter who was just outright terrible at the job. That being said, applying to become a Naval Officer is not like applying for a civilian job. In that world you expect to hear back within a few days. You can follow up with the HR office and generally know within 2-6 weeks if you have been offered a job. For the Navy? Don't expect ANYTHING to happen quickly. In my case, it was almost 18 months and 8 days from the day I made first contact with my recruiter to the day that my husband swore me in as an ENS. In those 18 months I underwent multiple requests for information from the OR, interviews, a MEDREAD, MEPS (technically twice since the first time they cancelled my appt and never told me! lol) and a whole slew of other hoops through which I needed to jump. For now just relax and keep on doing what needs to be done. Get your transcripts from ALL schools together, get all medical records together, start talking to current and former employers to get recommendations/proof of employment, start getting in better shape, start working on your motivational statement, keep working on your tattoo removal. There is a lot you can do while your recruiter does what she needs to do. Give her a break and don't call every day. Trust me, it just pisses them off.