• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lazy Ramadi

Birdman

A4sForever said:
Ummmm .... help me out here .... but what's the deal with white guys trying to sound like they are inner-city ghetto gang-bangers???

There MUST be a benefit. Someone explain it to me .... Where's the plus?? Where's the thrill?? What's the gain??? I guess I just don't see the "humor" and, for the record ..... I do "get it". :)

Higher standards is what you reach for, gentlemen. Not the lowest. I weep for the future .....

.... Just my $20 worth .... :icon_rast

It's fun to mock the rap culture. We know how ridiculous we...and the real rappers sound, and think it's funny. At least thats why I talk like that from time to time

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Birdman1 said:
It's fun to mock the rap culture. We know how ridiculous we...and the real rappers sound, and think it's funny. At least thats why I talk like that from time to time
Mock the rap culture ??? Sorry ... I don't buy it.

The best way to mock idiots is not to emulate them ---- it's to ignore them and live better than them. :)

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
A4sForever said:

The best way to mock idiots is not to emulate them ---- it's to ignore them and live better than them. :)
Well and true, I agree! But if the objective is to get a laugh (which just so happens to be at the expense of rap) then parody is useful, no? I think this is where Birdman is coming from.

As AirWarriors demonstrates daily:

-truth hurts
-good comedy is the truth
-comedy garners rep points
THEREFORE
scorn/pain = rep points

I digress... and by digress, I mean shut up.

Birdman

A4sForever said:

I don't think you quite grasp the understanding of the word "mock". Ignoring them may in fact be the better way of making them go away and stop being annoying, but that's not considered mocking them.:D Also I concur with what Eddie said.

Lawman

None
Had a couple real thug-stylin guys live next to me my second year in the dorms. They started breaking out in the urban ghetto Snoop-Doy speak for a minute, so I was just like "Listen to me and tell me that doesnt sound rediculous..... Fo-shizzle....." They actually got the point.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lawman said:
Had a couple real thug-stylin guys live next to me my second year in the dorms. They started breaking out in the urban ghetto Snoop-Doy speak for a minute, so I was just like "Listen to me and tell me that doesnt sound rediculous..... Fo-shizzle....." They actually got the point.

Black people sound ridiculous and uneducated when they talk like that. White people look like complete a$$holes when they talk that way. It's always funny to watch.

Lawman

None
Fly Navy said:
Black people sound ridiculous and uneducated when they talk like that. White people look like complete a$$holes when they talk that way. It's always funny to watch.

Yeah another old time favorite of mine is to quote any rap song with a stuffy british accent (Think Peter O'Toole singing Ludicrous). It also demonstrated the stupidity of sounding ghetto.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lawman said:
Yeah another old time favorite of mine is to quote any rap song with a stuffy british accent (Think Peter O'Toole singing Ludicrous). It also demonstrated the stupidity of sounding ghetto.

I'll never understand a culture that glorifies and looks up to criminal, dishonest, unfaithful, corrupt, and uneducated morons. It's not a race thing, retards from every race do it. It's disgusting.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Birdman1 said:
I don't think you quite grasp the understanding of the word "mock". ....
Right. You got it. I just don't .... "grasp the understanding" of "mock". There's so many things that I don't "grasp" at this advanced stage of decay that I am currently experiencing. But I DO "understand" the word "idiot". Do you ??? And parody? You mean --- kind of like what I'm doing right now ... i.e., for comic effect or ridicule ???

Tell you what, gang-banger wannabe :) ... you do it your way; I'll do it mine, I'll take the high road, you take the low road, and we'll see who gets "there" first... :icon_rast

If you want to keep the barrel turning ... you'll be talkin' to ... yourself. A4s ... OUT.

Birdman

A4sForever said:
Right. You got it. I just don't .... "grasp the understanding" of "mock". There's so many things that I don't "grasp" at this advanced stage of decay that I am currently experiencing. But I DO "understand" the word "idiot". Do you ??? And parody? You mean --- kind of like what I'm doing right now ... i.e., for comic effect or ridicule ???

Tell you what, gang-banger wannabe :) ... you do it your way; I'll do it mine, I'll take the high road, you take the low road, and we'll see who gets "there" first... :icon_rast

If you want to keep the barrel turning ... you'll be talkin' to ... yourself. A4s ... OUT.
:icon_zbee hear, hear! lol

Cate

Pretty much invincible
Fly Navy said:
I'll never understand a culture that glorifies and looks up to criminal, dishonest, unfaithful, corrupt, and uneducated morons. It's not a race thing, retards from every race do it. It's disgusting.
What's worse is that we elect them year after year after year after year.

GMan1976

Banned
A4sForever said:
Ummmm .... help me out here .... but what's the deal with white guys trying to sound like they are inner-city ghetto gang-bangers???

[[/B]I guess I just don't see the "humor" and, for the record ..... I do "get it". :)

Higher standards is what you reach for, gentlemen. Not the lowest. I weep for the future .....

Hey A4, not sure if you're aware, but their video was a re-enactment of a Saturday Night Live skit called "Lazy Sunday" with Chris Parnell. The rap, the tune, everything (the original is about the "Chronicles of Narnia" movie)!
Which itself is a take-off on a sort of Beastie Boys (white rap trio) video. Look up the original Lazy Sunday video on google. Try searching "Lazy Sunday Chronicles of Narnia". It might help clear up some controversy about the idea behind what these 2 Sgts were doing.