• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lazy Ramadi

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Chubby said:
Who needs a lazy sunday when you can have a ?
That was crazy entertaining. Pretty impressive for a bunch of Army guys.

Brett

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I just saw that film broadcast on MSNBC. Didn't stick around for any commentary, but I doubt that it was complementary. Lesson: Don't put a film on the internet that you wouldn't be comfortable explaining to your family, your boss, and the press.

Brett

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
HighDimension said:
They're having the guy who made the video on for an interview =)
I didn't catch that part, what's the guy saying? Could you give us the Cliff notes version? :D

Brett

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
Haha that would have required me to stay on MSNBC for more than a fleeting moment. I was only watching because I saw it during a FOXNews commercial break. I couldn't find it on their website either, sorry!

HueyCobra8151

pilot
LA Times

...How often do you guys get to check email?
Access to email is different for everyone here. We have what are called MWR - Morale Welfare and Recreation centers. Think of a gym with computers and TVs. A lot of people use these to access their email. I'm in a signal unit and we provide several different types of communication. I have a little better access to email then most guys here.

How did you find the "Lazy Muncie" video?
I'm from Muncie and as soon as "Lazy Muncie" came out I had 4 or 5 emails waiting for me with links to different sites to check it out. I was home for two weeks of leave last December and actually saw "Lazy Sunday" when it aired on SNL. So when Lazy Muncie came out I thought it was the funniest thing ever and started to plan Lazy Ramadi.

Your video has a really high production quality. Have you guys made videos before?
I have made a few small movies for my friends and family, nothing as good as "Lazy Ramadi."

How long did it take you to shoot the video? How long to edit it?
I took a few months to get all of the pieces into place. Dobbs had been moved to another FOB Forward Operating Base and I had to wait to get him back. We needed better video editing software, etc. But once we started working on the movie it only took about a week.

Where do you get a digital recorder in Iraq?
I brought it with me. It was a gift from my wife and I had planned to make some fun movies to send home.

What was the hardest part?
Writing the lyrics and recording the rapping. I had no idea how much would go into it. We could not have pulled off the music without the help of Andre Franklin (A friend of the filmmakers)....

Pugs

Back from the range
None
The link was to the newest/most popular. This should take you to the movie

Riper Snifle

OCC 194 TBS C 03-07
The quality is impressive when you consider the guy's put it together in a war zone. i have seen independent movies that couldn't match that! :)

Cordespc

None
Contributor
Brett327 said:
I just saw that film broadcast on MSNBC. Didn't stick around for any commentary, but I doubt that it was complementary. Lesson: Don't put a film on the internet that you wouldn't be comfortable explaining to your family, your boss, and the press.

Brett

Concur with the above. I was really surprised to see that this was done by two Staff NCOs. "I hate Ramadi, but there's no need to moan, 'cause the US Army won't let me go home." ...classy.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Cordespc said:
Concur with the above. I was really surprised to see that this was done by two Staff NCOs. "I hate Ramadi, but there's no need to moan, 'cause the US Army won't let me go home." ...classy.
Yeah, I would have figured it was done by JOs - kooky.

Brett

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Ummmm .... help me out here .... but what's the deal with white guys trying to sound like they are inner-city ghetto gang-bangers???

There MUST be a benefit. Someone explain it to me .... Where's the plus?? Where's the thrill?? What's the gain??? I guess I just don't see the "humor" and, for the record ..... I do "get it". :)

Higher standards is what you reach for, gentlemen. Not the lowest. I weep for the future .....

.... Just my $20 worth .... :icon_rast