• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Latest Whiting Gouge

AJTranny

Over to the dark side I go...
pilot
None
Well I think Corpus was just a damn good place for primary, regardless. Have you any complaints?

Not really. Of course, I'm just happy to be here as a transition guy. The IPs I have worked with seem to be good instructors/guys. Although I probably see a different side of them since I'm a tad older than the average stud, there is a pretty good atmosphere in the student ready room and not too much hate and discontent. At least as far as I can tell. Yeah, Corpus is a damn good place for primary except for the nasty wind from January to May.

Prod

Don't penetrate South Field on your checkride. VT-3 isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be. You don't get to choose anyways. I was originally slated for VT-6, got moved up 2 weeks to VT-2, but had my annual flight physical that week, so I ended up delayed a week into VT-3. Sure JCOP is kind of annoying, but I'm getting almost $50k a year, I'll gladly take a 4 hour work day.

Bonko

Final Select SNA (Sept 13th)
If you like hanging with cliquey married dudes then have at it :) (putting on flamesuit)
So I am following this right, if you are married you are sent to Whiting for Primary training no matter what?

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
So I am following this right, if you are married you are sent to Whiting for Primary training no matter what?

Not necissarily, but that was the "norm" when I went through building 633/API. I know of at least a couple married guys who came to Corpus, and at least one that was sent to Vance.

scottwith1t

east coast
pilot
it seems as though VT-3 has the longest time to train although they claim they're attempting to speed that up quite a bit for the T-6 transition.

Mr. Blonde

My ass is a motherfuckin' champion
pilot
on base housing

the word they're telling us over here is you have to live in base housing, is that really true? I'm assuming they can't make you do that if you're married? I already have a lease and my wife and I have 3 dogs while base housing allows only two.

d3west86

I'm in the same situation as you. My wife and I actually have an house in Milton and a dog. Hopefully this won't become a problem when I report into Whiting for Primary. I think that the rule may have more of a stricter application for single SNAs...

gotta_fly

pilot
I'm assuming they can't make you do that if you're married?

That's why they call them orders. ;)

The good news is that if they go that route there's always special requests. If you call TW-5 stucon they can tell you now exactly what the policy is, and it's probably faster than waiting for someone to tell you on here.