• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Latest OCS board info

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Okay, I can see how this is a little confusing to everybody. SC Kemp told me that my app for SNA is up for this Nov '08 board and I should find out by the end of the week. What fiscal year does that put me into? '09 still?

I wouldn't mind going to OCS until summer, I hate the cold. :(
Doesn't matter which Board, when FINDOCs are in, when you get your degree or when you go to OCS. What determines the Fiscal Year you come from is when you commission. That means a FY10 guy would attend OCS in the summer of 09 in order to graduate past 01OCT09, which is FY10.
BTW I think I need to fine tune my gouge. I am trying to get more info, but it appears there will be a NOV Board, but will only consider FY10 quotas. FY09 for SNA, NFO, Supply and INTEL is closed. That means that unless you took a class date for a guy that could not make his FY09 class for some reason, you will be considered for a FY10 quota from here on out.

Charity

Final Select SNA
I noticed you are 25 years old. Do not delay in your application. You can see how an entire year can fill up quickly. I don't know what program you are going for, but many age limits are 27. And generally, they shy away from people close to the age limit. Age matters.

Okay, I'm going to apply as soon as I get my packet together. I just turned 25 a few months ago but time is flying and I'll be 27 before I know it. Im applying SNA, NFO, and Aerospace Physiologist.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Okay, got it. Thanks Wink! I guess I'll just fly my little Cessna around Arizona until they feel like sending me to RI. After all this Aerospace Engineering crap, I'm in no rush to kill myself again right after graduation :)

Charity

Final Select SNA
I noticed you are 25 years old. Do not delay in your application. You can see how an entire year can fill up quickly. I don't know what program you are going for, but many age limits are 27. And generally, they shy away from people close to the age limit. Age matters.

Besides, I'm hoping they look at what I've done in 25 years. I have a few things I'm hoping will make me competitive, despite my age. For example, I have a Master's degree with a gpa of 3.82(how many people do that before the age of 25?). Lots of extracurricular activities including collegiate cross country in which I was team captian and received all-academic honor roll and first team all-conference awards. I was also the 10,000 meter conference track champion in 2006 and 2007. I also have a black belt in American Nippon Kenpo, as well as experience in jihatsu-teki-kenpo-jitsu, and kodokan judo. Last year, I competed in my first half ironman competition(1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike ride, and 13.1 mile run) and won my age group with a very respectable time; which I'm hoping shows mental and physical endurance, discipline, and commitment. I also have over 20 hours of community service in Relay for Life, the construction of a 5 mile wellness trail on The University of Texas at Tyler campus, reading to children in local elementary schools, and helping raise money for the Alzheimer's Alliance of Northeast Texas. All this while working full-time to put myself through school.

No, I don't have kick ass ASTB scores or a degree in Aerospace Engineering but I'm a believer in the "whole person" concept.

srqwho

pilot
Besides, I'm hoping they look at what I've done in 25 years. I have a few things I'm hoping will make me competitive, despite my age. For example, I have a Master's degree with a gpa of 3.82(how many people do that before the age of 25?). Lots of extracurricular activities including collegiate cross country in which I was team captian and received all-academic honor roll and first team all-conference awards. I was also the 10,000 meter conference track champion in 2006 and 2007. I also have a black belt in American Nippon Kenpo, as well as experience in jihatsu-teki-kenpo-jitsu, and kodokan judo. Last year, I competed in my first half ironman competition(1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike ride, and 13.1 mile run) and won my age group with a very respectable time; which I'm hoping shows mental and physical endurance, discipline, and commitment. I also have over 20 hours of community service in Relay for Life, the construction of a 5 mile wellness trail on The University of Texas at Tyler campus, reading to children in local elementary schools, and helping raise money for the Alzheimer's Alliance of Northeast Texas. All this while working full-time to put myself through school.

No, I don't have kick ass ASTB scores or a degree in Aerospace Engineering but I'm a believer in the "whole person" concept.

That's a bummer about the boards (not all) not meeting till January. Regardless, Charity you have quite the list going there. Like you, my ASTB scores weren't the greatest (6/6/6 50) but I was picked up for what I thought were my extras, and that I too have a MA with a 3.8 GPA (and yes... I'm 25 years old too). Good luck!

Charity

Final Select SNA
That's a bummer about the boards (not all) not meeting till January. Regardless, Charity you have quite the list going there. Like you, my ASTB scores weren't the greatest (6/6/6 50) but I was picked up for what I thought were my extras, and that I too have a MA with a 3.8 GPA (and yes... I'm 25 years old too). Good luck!

Thanks, that really means a lot! What did you apply for/get picked up for?

Oh, I see now that you got selected for SNA. Congrats!

p_crabb13

Final Select SNA
I am going to begin by apologizing wink, I couldn't understand the gouge 100%. I applied SNA only a few days after the deadline for the OCT board, and my OR even wrote in that I wanted to ship out as soon as humanly possible. If I read clearly, my non-BDCP SNA only ap was reviewed yesterday, but for commission after 01OCT09 unless there was a FY09 select that chose to extend his OCS date.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I If I read clearly, my non-BDCP SNA only ap was reviewed yesterday, but for commission after 01OCT09 unless there was a FY09 select that chose to extend his OCS date.

That is the way I understood it. Lets see how everyone did?

Charity

Final Select SNA
Does anyone know how an OAR of 49 will affect me? I think the rest of my packet is pretty strong. I noticed on another post someone said chances are slim with an OAR less than 50. It's only 1 point, just wondering.

Veovis

PRO REC SNA!
So... for myself who turns 26 in January, I should go spend more time with the Marine recruiter? They're claiming they need pilots so bad if I applied with them before Dec 3rd I could be in OCS by January...

I was expecting to make the November board, but will be pushed to January due to some paperwork not making it in time...