• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Latest OCS board info

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So... for myself who turns 26 in January, I should go spend more time with the Marine recruiter? They're claiming they need pilots so bad if I applied with them before Dec 3rd I could be in OCS by January...

Here is the latest gouge. The only programs still open are CEC and NUKE. Everything else is closed for FY09.

I was expecting to make the November board, but will be pushed to January due to some paperwork not making it in time...

Next boards for SNA,NFO,SWO, and INTEL will be in JAN. That board will begin to fill quotas for FY10.

Depends on whether Wink's info is more current (unless your recruiter considers your app is "on the table"). Might want to check.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Wink,

I asked my recruiter about this today when he called me. He contradicted your gouge. I'm confused :(

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I would just say that everyone talk to their local recruiter...maybe Wink is correct and the 'word' just hasn't disseminated to all the NRD's...but if you want it bad enough, keep at it until it is just not humanly possible for you to get that pro-rec.

McBuff

Sees the light
FWIW I asked my recruiter and his understanding is that November was the last board for FY09, however we were only talking about SNA so I guess the other boards are still up in the air. +1 to what Sooner said. Just keep at it until they get a restraining order.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Bum gouge alert

Wink,

I asked my recruiter about this today when he called me. He contradicted your gouge. I'm confused :(
OK, let me try to recover my reputation.
I did miss understand my last conversation that was referenced at the start of this threat. I was obviously wrong about the Nov board, guys have heard on select/non select by now. I confirmed today that there are some FY09 pilot, NFO and swo quotas available, probably even in Jan. There will be no board in DEC. In Jan they will be looking at the remaining FY09 quotas and FY10. The 50 apps per board is accurate. If there are more then 50 they get rolled over to the next month. It is all first come first look. This is where my first conversation got misunderstood. Since they just keep rolling over apps and only look at 50 (there is frequently over 100 forwarded per month) then a guy that busts a gut to get in an app just a week or so before the board is not likely to be reviewed just because his app got in to CNRC before the convening date. He goes to the botttom of the pile. So the example given to me was that since so many apps rolled over, and more coming in, a guy starting an app today will not get a look for FY 09.
I am very sorry for the bad gouge. You do the right thing by verifying everything you hear and not making any rash decisions.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So... for myself who turns 26 in January, I should go spend more time with the Marine recruiter? They're claiming they need pilots so bad if I applied with them before Dec 3rd I could be in OCS by January...

I was expecting to make the November board, but will be pushed to January due to some paperwork not making it in time...
It will be a close shave for you. As stated above, I was wrong about FY09 quotas, so there may be a chance for you. Are you sure you will be considered in Jan? Just because you missed Nov does not mean you will get a look in Jan. They will take the top 50 on the pile. You will need to select and make an OCS class that graduates before you turn 27 next Jan. So the latest you can go to OCS is sometime in October 09. That does mean that you could get one of the remaining FY09 quotas or a early FY10 quota. Still, age is a big deal. Your age is going to be a factor. The rest of your app should be very strong. Good luck.

Charity

Final Select SNA
It will be a close shave for you. As stated above, I was wrong about FY09 quotas, so there may be a chance for you. Are you sure you will be considered in Jan? Just because you missed Nov does not mean you will get a look in Jan. They will take the top 50 on the pile. You will need to select and make an OCS class that graduates before you turn 27 next Jan. So the latest you can go to OCS is sometime in October 09. That does mean that you could get one of the remaining FY09 quotas or a early FY10 quota. Still, age is a big deal. Your age is going to be a factor. The rest of your app should be very strong. Good luck.

With the new 50 apps per board thing what if you are selected for one thing but have to wait a couple of months to hear about something else you applied for? Does that make sense? Are they going to give that long for you to accept or decline a slot?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
With the new 50 apps per board thing what if you are selected for one thing but have to wait a couple of months to hear about something else you applied for? Does that make sense? Are they going to give that long for you to accept or decline a slot?

I don't know at all. Goob is still an active recruiter or maybe someone here has had it happen to them.

bizlake

Another A-Pool Guy
Charity, I had an OAR of 49 and got picked up for NFO. I had a few other things in my packet that probably helped though. Your packet sounds like it will be a well rounded one. It is only getting more competetive though, good luck!

Goob83

None
I don't know at all. Goob is still an active recruiter or maybe someone here has had it happen to them.

If you are selected for first choice and medically qualified then does not matter. if your first choice board is after your 2nd or 3rd choice you have to wait or take the one you were selected for.

FYI this was suppose to be the last board of only 50 or so applicants. thye had more than 50 at the swo board this time so hopefully this practice will go away with 2008. It was announced to us as only test run for three months. hopefully the test failed and they will go back to the way it was in June

samrawet

Banned
thanks information

Mod note: Troll at work ^^^

Post edited for warning to other forums in which Samrawet has been active recently

Gills

When I first asked about this, my OR said that once you are pro rec'd you have 30 days to accept. I'm on the Jan SWO boards but not sure about INTEL. So if it I get pro rec'd SWO, it comes down to it and I have heard nothing from INTEL, I am taking SWO. There is no chance that I'm passing up one pro rec in hopes of another.

Charity

Final Select SNA
When I first asked about this, my OR said that once you are pro rec'd you have 30 days to accept. I'm on the Jan SWO boards but not sure about INTEL. So if it I get pro rec'd SWO, it comes down to it and I have heard nothing from INTEL, I am taking SWO. There is no chance that I'm passing up one pro rec in hopes of another.

That stinks. Hopefully it's not going to be an issue.