• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Latest OCS board info

citychamp01

How about next time you present yourself like you want to be an officer? I normally don't say "ne thing" about grammar, but some of the errors you made in your post were just too hard to let go without saying anything.

This isn't some internet gaming forum. I'm not saying you need to be perfect, but the "ne thing" , "ne wayz", and whatever need to be cut out if you want to be taken seriously. Of course the enlisted recruiter in Jacksonville did nothing for you, if you wanted to become an officer. They are only looking to get ENLISTED into the Navy.

Presenting yourself like you have half a brain and know what the hell is going on, is half the battle my friend. Good luck with the recruiting package.

My apologies with regards to the grammatical errors. I am new to this site and figured these were just opinions of peers that are going through or have gone through the same things that I am. Now that it has been brought to my attention, I will consider representing myself in a more professional tone. With that being said, i'm sure you can understand that I can see the errors that were made and didn't think that anyone would have a problem reading the questions or comments that I post in these forums. Thanks for the good luck ;o)
P.S. Jacksonville MEPS requires that all people with degrees talk to a recruiter on the officer side. Therefore, when i enlisted, I gained another recruiter that "Didn't do anything for me". I ended up transferring my documents that were filed toTallahassee where things were treated with a sense of urgency.

zbeasley

September/October boards

AW moderators, former recruiters, and knowledgeable AW members:

I've been hearing some wacky stuff about boards lately: September boards being pushed back to October, October boards being merged with September boards, etc.

I'm hesitant to believe most of this stuff (us OCS hopefuls are quite prone to believe anything that comes out of the rumor mill). Still, persistent rumors and no recent pro-rec leaves a guy wondering.

I was wondering if anyone had any concrete info.

thanks for your time- Z

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
Gents, I'm just getting my last LOR in today ... do you know if its possible to expedite and still get my package in on time for Oct.?

ksurf20

From what I was told from a friend who is an OR, OCS kits must be in before the 1st of the month to be seen during that particular month. Good luck!

ray25017

Just to add to what ksurf20 said, I was told by my OR that intel packages were due by the 25th of the preceding month... It just shows that either each OR is unclear of the regs or each board sets their own deadlines. The key is patience, really. Do what you have to, put the ball back in the OR's court every time they ask for something as fast as you can, and the rest will happen... eventually. Definitely not a process for those seeking overnight results.

Good luck!

zbeasley

Just to add to what ksurf20 said, I was told by my OR that intel packages were due by the 25th of the preceding month... It just shows that either each OR is unclear of the regs or each board sets their own deadlines. The key is patience, really. Do what you have to, put the ball back in the OR's court every time they ask for something as fast as you can, and the rest will happen... eventually. Definitely not a process for those seeking overnight results.

Good luck!

Thanks, Ray.