• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

last minute questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

version2point0

i think that was for marines. i read that too, but it was in the marine forums because of their "humps" going through water and stuff like that. they didnt want their important stuff getting wet. i dont think the navy has that problem because we run on land and dont drag heavy backpacks when we do it... er... i think... i hope... yeah.

-v2.0

MikeGuy

Originally posted by version2point0
i dont think the navy has that problem because we run on land and dont drag heavy backpacks when we do it... er... i think... i hope... yeah.

That's true, except for the 10 mile endurance hump (the "Death March") that you run in your tenth week, complete with full pack and weapon. It's hard, but believe me, there's nothing like seeing the sun come up over the Pensacola swamps. Tip: bring some salt with you to get rid of the leaches. Nasty, nasty things.

soonernupoc

Sweet, I did a seven mile quick-time hump with the NROTC marines at my school this morning. I didn't know if it would come in that handy come OCS time but I think the experience will help me in OCS. I PT with the Marines and the Navy at school and I'll be doing 2 ten mile humps before the end of the semester.

soon2bswo

Originally posted by PropStop
Foot powder is good too, but it isn't allowed. Keep you feet as dry as possible.

I thought you got issued basic amenities such as footpowder, toothpaste etc.? Do we have to get that elsewhere?

soon2bswo

Originally posted by MikeGuy
Originally posted by version2point0
i dont think the navy has that problem because we run on land and dont drag heavy backpacks when we do it... er... i think... i hope... yeah.

That's true, except for the 10 mile endurance hump (the "Death March") that you run in your tenth week, complete with full pack and weapon. It's hard, but believe me, there's nothing like seeing the sun come up over the Pensacola swamps. Tip: bring some salt with you to get rid of the leaches. Nasty, nasty things.

Yeah right. I have never heard of something so ridiculous. Do you have nothing better to do?

greendome

Nuclear Pro
soon2bswo you are correct. You will get issued all the basics, however you are expected to still have them in mint condition for all inspections. So, they aren't too useful to you until after 9th wk. Definitely bring foot powder if that something you need. It is authorized.

Status
Not open for further replies.