• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

last minute questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

lockerboy

JR couldn't have said it better. You'll have more things to worry about than where you're going to store your rifle. And as far as NAMI goes, the physical they give is more in depth than the one that is usually given at MEPS (at least it was for me). You will read on this site several posts that claim the eye tests they give are unfair and that they are out to 'fail' people. That is a bunch of BS. If you meet the requirements you pass, if not you fail. Blame MEPS for not catching it earlier, not NAMI.
Good luck
LB

version2point0

ok three last minute last second thirteenth hour questions:

1: when we finally do get it, how long is liberty? is it sat 1200 to sun 1200 or what?

2: when they say "take money" can i take a debit/credit card or do i need cash cash? what else am i going to be buying other than uniforms and shoes?

thank you guys for the help! im in in 5 days...

-v2.0

twidget

Deskaholic
Originally posted by MikeGuy
Belt tips. Lots and lots of belt tips.

What kind of belt tips? I'm assuming brass for khaki belts. Shiny or brushed, and is there some sort of prep we can do to them ahead of time?

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
anodized gold tips. you'll also want a nice supply of belt buckles, those tend to not do so well.

be thankful they don't issue buckles with quartermaster anymore!

PropStop

pilot
Contributor
you'll be buying extra stuff at the NEX, not far from OCS. Get that stuff ahead of time and keep it in your personal bag, you won't need it right away, but it is handy to have.

I liked having LOTS of socks too. You can never have enough socks, treat your feet well.

if you do start to get shin splints, or anyone in your class does, ask if you can get ice for them (there's an ice machine in one of the buildings). Ice your shins at night for about 15-20 min, then take the ice off, and repeat once or so. It helped me a great deal. As it was, i got rolled for several weeks because of bad shin splints (one guy in my class covered it better than me and his leg broke during a run, don't be that guy). If you do get rolled, it isn't the end of the world. Listen to your body or you will end up with a much worse injury.

Foot powder is good too, but it isn't allowed. Keep you feet as dry as possible.

futrbluangel

I have a couple of questions too.

Does it matter what you wear when you check in? Can you wear shorts or does it have to be nice slacks, should I wear running shoes the first day or would sandles be ok? Boxers or briefs? Do they have to be white or Marine green like in the movies?

I hear when you graduate you get a class t-shirt, what is on the class t-shirt?

Thanks in advance

PropStop

pilot
Contributor
do NOT!!!! check in wearing anything military related, or anything that says Old Navy. I'd suggest a simple polo shirt and dockers, something like that. Jeans are okay too. Wear your running shoes. boxers or briefs, i don't think that mattered too much, but i can't remember what i was wearing.

class tshirt is something you'll design as a class. worry about that much later.

aoconnor

Quick question, if I pack my running shoes in my duffle, will I have a chance to get them out before we do the in-prt?

MikeGuy

Originally posted by aoconnor
Quick question, if I pack my running shoes in my duffle, will I have a chance to get them out before we do the in-prt?

Check in: Sunday
In-PRT: Tuesday
Answer to your question: Yes

MikeGuy

Originally posted by version2point0
yeah but is that all? and cant i pay for those with a card?

-v2.0

Why it is handy to have cash at OCS:

1) Dining out
2) Class treasurey contributions
3) G-dunk purchasing (if you're lucky enough to get the opportunity)
4) Haircuts
5) Etc. etc. etc.

I recommend you show up with around $300 in cash.

GatorNFO

SNFO in Primary
What about ziplock bags? I remember reading something somewhere that advised the person to have EVERYTHING in ziplocks for the first week. Is that true or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.