• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Last Class

blur

A-pool
25 of the 56 didn't make it? that seems like a high percentage to me or is that about the norm?

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
25 of the 56 didn't make it? that seems like a high percentage to me or is that about the norm?

That was the norm when I went through... that is 25 out of the original 56 didn't make it. It was not uncommon to have lots roll out, and lots roll in. Glad that I got to go through P'Cola... good times and good memories.

FUPaladin

couldabeen
So what happened to the guys who were in the last Pensacola class and were rolled out? How would they get a chance to roll back in with no more classes coming up behind them?

Kycntryboy

pilot
Had 60 graduated 33, believe me its possible
Depends on the gunny for the most likely cause of rolling or dropping
Goldfish makes me think of 3 possible ones

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Of those that don't make it, how many dropped out themselves vs. how many get told that they didn't make the cut? Also, what is the most common reason people get the boot?

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
That article is yet further proof of the tradgedy to journalism and the English language that is the Associated Press.

Good idea, but my 13 year old niece is a better journalist.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
in our class (second to last) we had 48 start and 28 commission. 18 were original to the class. This kind of attrition was normal for most of the classes while I was there. The RI move was consolidation of all officer training schools (DCO/CWO school, OIS, OCS, chaplain school etc), so once again- it was $$. For those who rolled out of the last class due to illness (rabdo, heat cases) many were given the opportunity to go up to RI. For those who had ongoing medical problems and were not likely to class up soon, they were given the boot (ie: one guy with a shoulder problem). For the sh!t bags who were languishing away in H not doing anything to prove they wanted to class up, they were given the boot. Almost everyone who wanted to continue with training got the opportunity.

MSkinsATC

pilot
WOW I still think 25 is alot, we started with 39 and graduated 31...and this was with arguably one of meanest DI's there (yes yes I know everyones was mean...lol) aprox 2 years ago....he was a staff sgt and made gunny while we were there...same guy that got in trouble for beating one of his classes in choker whites...not a whole lot of fun!!

tiger84

LT
pilot
WOW I still think 25 is alot, we started with 39 and graduated 31...and this was with arguably one of meanest DI's there (yes yes I know everyones was mean...lol) aprox 2 years ago....he was a staff sgt and made gunny while we were there...same guy that got in trouble for beating one of his classes in choker whites...not a whole lot of fun!!

He wasn't my DI, but we did get beat by him a few times. The beatings were some of the worst we got, but by no means was he a terribly "mean" DI. He's actually pretty damn funny and seemed to leave his classes alone after the first 4-5 weeks.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor

Haha! You were in the class that got beat in chokers? He is now up in RI instructing class 01-08. Hilarious guy. A huge beater, but a great guy when all is said and done (apparently...don't know first hand). Didn't he get bumped back down for that?

Anyway, bottom line is this: As much as people try and take away from your OCS experience, it is hard. If it was easy, then more than 60% of an original class would be graduating with the same class.