• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Kneeboards for Tablets

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
That's exactly what I did. Just had to remember to take it off and back on going through about FL180 or it'll fall down. Turns out suction at sea level and suction at cockpit altitude of 20k are different.
Wait…humans are flying above 12,000 feet? What are you going to tell me next, that we can fly above 150 knots? Ppppfffttt…

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
That being said though I wear a G-suit and i've honestly just started using the otterbox case and clipping it 'around' the G suit leg strap so to speak. I've used it in higher g/more dynamic flights
I did exactly the same thing in the T-6, although the flying wasn't exactly as dynamic seeing as we hardly ever went past 4-5g. That and form tailchase ≠ BFM.

The snail trail (on whatever navigation app you use) is a really great debriefing tool and for all kinds of different flights.

PMPT

I did exactly the same thing in the T-6, although the flying wasn't exactly as dynamic seeing as we hardly ever went past 4-5g. That and form tailchase ≠ BFM.

The snail trail (on whatever navigation app you use) is a really great debriefing tool and for all kinds of different flights.

yeah, tacform, road recce, and BFM in the t-45 and tacform and air to surface in the grey jet - no issues at all. stays on pretty snug.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
@DanMa1156 this is an example of why the Mini form factor, coupled with the ease of Foreflight, is the cat's pajamas.

51528442345_51699ca81c_b.jpg

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Also, do any Fleet 60s have glass standby indicators?

I'm not aware of any, but who knows. Back in 2017-2018 time-frame, there was an IFC (and maybe it was a AFC?) written, prepped, AND funded to put Dynon D-1s or D-2s in the back for the SO for east coast aircraft. N98 sat on it for some reason that seemed to be a tad political. My understanding was that the Dynons were sitting on someone's shelf down in Orlando waiting on the IFC to be approved and then they could be shipped up to Jax.

I don't know whatever happened to them, but I can take a guess on where they are now.

Pags

N/A
pilot
I'm not aware of any, but who knows. Back in 2017-2018 time-frame, there was an IFC (and maybe it was a AFC?) written, prepped, AND funded to put Dynon D-1s or D-2s in the back for the SO for east coast aircraft. N98 sat on it for some reason that seemed to be a tad political. My understanding was that the Dynons were sitting on someone's shelf down in Orlando waiting on the IFC to be approved and then they could be shipped up to Jax.

I don't know whatever happened to them, but I can take a guess on where they are now.
Where in that process does N98 get a chop (beyond funding)?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Where in that process does N98 get a chop (beyond funding)?

I think the IFC went through them for approval in some form or fashion? I honestly can't remember, but I know the name of the individual who's desk it was sitting on wasn't -299 actual, and I thought I remembered recognizing the name as the current (at the time) N98 guy. Perhaps I'm remembering incorrectly, but regardless, it didn't make much sense as to why you wouldn't review something already written for you and that had already secured outside funding AND already procured the products.

croakerfish

pilot
As far as kneeboards for tablets go, I am very happy with my MkIII custom EFB from Bad Ass Kneeboards (moagear.net) in the 60 cockpit. I use an iPad Mini 4 in a discontinued waterproof case. In the 57 cockpit it would have been a little too bulky on my big fat leg. 32985329863298732988

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
LOVE the moving map

I meant to ask...why the hate? That picture, is of course, just a picture on the internet. But hypothetically, it would be fair to say that the MAP mode is actually turned on there, but all the BS is turned off except the .dwg files. I guess one could have the Low chart over-layed, but in a terminal area, I'm not sure how helpful that is since all the fixes are already being displayed. I'm not sure how much the chart overlay would occlude the user seeing the IFF tracks, either (the red ones in those pics...if I'm just guessing here).

All that said, should one turn on a map overlay, the screens aren't really high-rez enough to give the same image quality that an iPad can give, but it does work.