• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Killing with Keyboards/ Good OPSEC Brief

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Enjoy the new knee-jerk rules on electronic gadgets, whatever those rules turn out to be. I still have a wind-up watch, bitches!

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Enjoy the new knee-jerk rules on electronic gadgets, whatever those rules turn out to be. I still have a wind-up watch, bitches!
Meh. For those of us who spend a good deal of time behind a cipher-lock (where these devices are already prohibited), I can't imagine any significant changes. For those who are deployed to unacknowledged places, I presume local instructions will take care of that niche, if they don't already.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Meh. For those of us who spend a good deal of time behind a cipher-lock (where these devices are already prohibited), I can't imagine any significant changes. For those who are deployed to unacknowledged places, I presume local instructions will take care of that niche, if they don't already.
I'm thinking more along the lines of the latter, with additional random ass FOB rules like "you can't wear anything resembling a Fitbit if you want to come in the DFAC." The same mentality that brought about the rise of the reflective belts back in OIF. And I wouldn't put it past some people to confuse a sports watch for a smart watch, "Sorry you can't come in with that, orders are orders, and I don't care that lunch ends in five minutes.'

Personally I don't care because it doesn't affect me... I'm looking forward to the ensuing satire from Duffelblog and Terminal Lance.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That would be extraordinary - and difficult to implement. Phones are already excluded from places where things of consequence are being discussed. If people are lacking OPSEC discipline while they're ambling about the p-way, or people are bringing phones into SCIFs, then that is a separate issue. I predict this will not come to pass.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Does this mean no iPads or Blackberries at the food court? That's probably not a bad thing. That place is a hotbed of larceny.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
You obviously are delinquent on your annual training.

I just assumed it was outdated, since it hasn't changed in years. Version 4? I can't tell the difference. Works for me though, I know all the answers by rote. Which was probably what they intended in the first place.

jmcquate

Contributor
RIM dug in like a tick in Federal when they were the only game in town. Apple never seemed to try that hard, even now. Maybe it's the security hurdles.