• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Kenzie's Korner (you may fire when ready)

kenzie

ok i want to be a USMC pilot more than anything but i cant find the information i want on the path to becoming one.

i am aplying for the NROTC scholarship but after that i dont really know what happens. can anyone give some insight or advice??

also, i heard that after flight school (maybe in flight school) you get to pick you preference of air craft. how does this work?? i want jets. what is the best way to go about this??

any feedback would be greatly apreciated.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
If you make it through OCS, and you make it through TBS, and you make it through API, then you will go to primary. If you make it through primary then you select what pipeline you will go to advanced for. If you did well enough and the Marines need jet pilots then you get jets. Then if you make it through advanced you select again to find out whether you fly hornets, harriers, or prowlers. Good luck.

Oh yeah and you are probably gonna get made fun of now.

kenzie

made fun of

hmm i new i should have found some other way to get these questions answered. getting made fun of by the people i admire that sounds like fun. :)

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Oh yeah and you are probably gonna get made fun of now.

Please, let me be the first.

i want jets.
And I want to fuck Jennifer Anniston but will probably have to settle for the plain chick as there are more of them.

That being said, I'll significantly increase my odds if I do little things like checking my spelling, grammar, capitalization and punctuation. You know, the little things that make me look and sound more professional to those I'm asking for help. A little research (the search function comes in handy here....) would probably make me sound more intelligent too. If I went to Jennifer's assistant looking and acting like a lazy slob, I can guarantee you I'd have zero chance of fucking her.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Please, let me be the first.

And I want to fuck Jennifer Anniston but will probably have to settle for the plain chick as there are more of them.

That being said, I'll significantly increase my odds if I do little things like checking my spelling, grammar, capitalization and punctuation. You know, the little things that make me look and sound more professional to those I'm asking for help. A little research (the search function comes in handy here....) would probably make me sound more intelligent too. If I went to Jennifer's assistant looking and acting like a lazy slob, I can guarantee you I'd have zero chance of fucking her.

Unless you bring roofies, but I don't know how that would help with his IP.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Unless you bring roofies, but I don't know how that would help with his IP.
He has to get accepted to the program first. It would help significantly if his paperwork, demeanor and attitude were professional. As we always tell others who come to this site, when you want our help - post in a professional manner.

If you're just making a random post, do whatever you want. But when asking a professional for professional help, be professional.

kenzie

Hmmmm punctuation noted.

I have been checking the posts and have seen a lot that says it might be better to go through means other than NROTC scholarship. I was wondering what anybody else thought on that. I was told that going through NROTC would guarantee me a spot at flight school. How exactly would that work?

And good luck with f**king Jenifer Aniston

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Hmmmm punctuation noted.

I have been checking the posts and have seen a lot that says it might be better to go through means other than NROTC scholarship. I was wondering what anybody else thought on that. I was told that going through NROTC would guarantee me a spot at flight school. How exactly would that work?

And good luck with f**king Jenifer Aniston

It doesn't. You have to compete for a spot at flight school if you go ROTC. The only way to get a guaranteed flight slot with the USMC is to go to PLC or OCC.

The Navy has BDCP as well as OCS that can guarantee you a slot in Pensacola.

kenzie

What is it that people are talking about when they say they went to PLC jr's and PLC sr's then to OCS?

Ave8tor

Bringing the Noise!™
pilot
What is it that people are talking about when they say they went to PLC jr's and PLC sr's then to OCS?

facepalm.gif

search... Search... SEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!! (p.s. did I mention trying the search function?)

kenzie

Is it at all possible to get a guaranteed flight contract by going through an NROTC scholarship because that is what the recruiter said, but by the look of some of theses threads you can not always trust that info.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is it at all possible to get a guaranteed flight contract by going through an NROTC scholarship because that is what the recruiter said, but by the look of some of theses threads you can not always trust that info.

Yes. Swanee doesn't know what he's talking about. NROTC, The Academy, PLC, and OCC all have Aviation Contract options.

But if you're good enough, you don't need an air contract to get jets. Just sayin.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Yep, the Acadermy has a Prep Schol for priors and those deemed in need of a boost to make them competitive for the real deal. Marine Coprs Uses JR/SR PLC to get folks ready....;)

PLC Juniors and Seniors is OCS.

That's so they can save on t-shirts (they all say OCS)

But if you're good enough, you don't need an air contract to get jets. Just sayin.

True that. If you go on-line with Microsft Simulator, you preguarantee your pipeline and validate IFS. It's just CNATRA catching up with on-line degree craze.

kenzie

Pft

I know that OCS is hard and that a lot of training is needed to be physically ready, so does anyone have an effective training plan that they used or advice on what to work on other than running my a** off?