• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

K-ville Sim Status

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Pcola04/30 said:
They have classed up charlie students....but it will be split between alpha and charlie classes for a while. They still have a sh!t ton of alphas on the flight line and they are not going to sit there idle just because they have partial facilities for charlie training.

Cue the b!tching when one class of each is in weps now . . . :icon_tong

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
nittany03 said:
Cue the b!tching when one class of each is in weps now . . . :icon_tong

No no.. CQ. Remember, Alpha guys are convinced we just put the VV next to the ball to land on the boat...

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
No no.. CQ. Remember, Alpha guys are convinced we just put the VV next to the ball to land on the boat...
Urk. Just got done with CQ bounces. Don't even get me started . . . :icon_tong

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
When is hook-down?

Wednesday on the USS BOAT. Gone from the compartmentalize-it-away phase to the oh-sh!t-I'm-really-gonna-do-this phase. Time for therapeutic beer.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
nittany03 said:
Wednesday on the USS BOAT. Gone from the compartmentalize-it-away phase to the oh-sh!t-I'm-really-gonna-do-this phase. Time for therapeutic beer.

Dude, awesome. The fear is normal :) It's going to be a blast though... I can still vividly remember my first cat and trap. I'm jealous, I can't wait to qual in the Rhino.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
Dude, awesome. The fear is normal :) It's going to be a blast though... I can still vividly remember my first cat and trap. I'm jealous, I can't wait to qual in the Rhino.

I hope you can still remember it. Wasn't it last week? ;)

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
gatordev said:
I hope you can still remember it. Wasn't it last week? ;)

I don't know... were you there? Ooooooh snap....

(March 7 and 8 to be exact)

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
kray1395 said:
Be nice to your SDO's! Especially the TW-2 ones.

But USE them. SDOs are there for you. If you get tagged as an SDO on CQ det, prepare to be a DD b!tch. Guess what, when you go for CQ, you get to use the SDO yourself.

When we qual'd and wanted to go boozing, we called the SDO to drive us around, his answer "Guys, I was on duty for 12 hours, come on, that's not my job"... we handed the phone to our LSO "Yeah this is LT xxxxxx, get your a$$ down here, you're driving"... that was the end of that argument :)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Mefesto said:
....didn't sleep for like the last 36 hours ....night before I laid awake ALL freakin night....on the ship I think I slept maybe 45 minutes ....got back to the beach and went out boozing I saw the sun come up the next day......... Man that was a great time....
I'm so proud of you boys. Welcome to carrier aviation. :)