• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN Junk in NATOPS

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
We use DropBox and everything is synced through the company sharepoint. Obviously we're smaller than an airline, but the overall process works okay. I think Goodreader can sync as well, correct?

Yeah, just click a button and all the pubs sync. Pretty easy.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Yeah, just click a button and all the pubs sync. Pretty easy.
But.... NATOPS change arts and crafts!! And the pubs update version of it, pubs Christmas!

I'm sure whatever functionality every for-profit airline and 135 operator has in their system for e-pubs, whatever navair finally implements will work half as well and cost twice as much.

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
I assume you guys use Foreflight for FAA pubs? What about flight manuals, TOs, etc? For non-FAA (AFMAN/AFI/etc) we use Goodreader.
Foreflight? Ha, that's way too useful for 121.

We use Jepp FD Pro for all our charts. Functionality has expanded since I started two years ago. We got own ship position on taxi, then approach, then on SIDs and stars. We now get weather in Jepp and even D-ATIS at appropriate airports.

For weather, we primarily use WSI, but Foreflight also serves as a legal source for weather and Notams.

It is useful to note that we can't connect our tablets to the in flight weather and we are specifically prohibited from using an ADS-B reciever. So the only way to get inflight weather is get Digital ATIS, use our onboard radar, or text the dispatcher.

We have another program called Comply365 for all our pubs. It keeps everything current and has a Read and Initial type functionality.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
We use Jepp FD and we can update weather in the program inflight. But we still use ACARS for official weather.

Our pubs automatically update anytime we have it turned on and connected to the internet. We get an indicator saying if they are up to date or not. If not, we just leave it connected and look again later.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Weird question, but if you highlight or bookmark certain sections, do those hold through changes or get deleted/messed up?

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
Not NATOPS related, but it kind of falls along the same lines of F#$% up stuff:

I heard a rumor that this worked, so I tried it...

I took my work desk key out to the hangar floor and tried it in the cockpit and cabin doors of our six Blackhawks. Anyone want to venture a guess on what the results were?

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Weird question, but if you highlight or bookmark certain sections, do those hold through changes or get deleted/messed up?
Depends.. Some things stay and some things go away. A new document is new so therefore has no highlights, etc. Jepp stuff stays as long as you don’t close out the app.

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
Not NATOPS related, but it kind of falls along the same lines of F#$% up stuff:

I heard a rumor that this worked, so I tried it...

I took my work desk key out to the hangar floor and tried it in the cockpit and cabin doors of our six Blackhawks. Anyone want to venture a guess on what the results were?
The key fit all six aircraft and opened one! Go figure. I guess it makes sense since they are both sourced by the US Gov't.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What kind of batt life are you getting in terms of hours? Along those lines, how are they being used?

Over 5.5 hour flight with 3 hour preflight went from 100% to 30%. Heavy use in preflight and first 30 min of flight, light use rest of time. For P-8 NFOs on a general flight after you hit your onstation checklist you pretty much don't touch your checklist for the rest of the flight except for emergencies or if your were to launch a weapon until landing. That flight I had my NATOPS check so was in it a little more than average, plus first flight with it was working with it to get familiar with the functions, but for this day and age that's pretty piss poor battery life.