• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

June/ July/ Aug 2014 SNA & NFO Boards

MikeMillerUK

Nearing the end of Primary
Contributor
Thanks all! Assuming all the paperwork goes through, I just hope it was enough.
Been silently following you since the "May SNA Board" thread. Congratulations on the improved scores. I'm sure everyone here is pulling for you, I know I am. Get your new application submitted yesterday, and start crossing your fingers!

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
On that note...if you're PRO-NO, do they give reason if there is a substantial disqualifying factor or do you have to figure it out?
I don't think the board cites any particular reason(s). In most cases, applicant & his/her OR, will have a pretty fair awareness of any area of weakness upon package submission. The selection % of any given board (which varies significantly), is a huge factor in the outcome.;)
BzB

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
Been silently following you since the "May SNA Board" thread. Congratulations on the improved scores. I'm sure everyone here is pulling for you, I know I am. Get your new application submitted yesterday, and start crossing your fingers!
Thanks, we should grab a drink sometime. I think we live fairly close. My reconsideration kit is already started. I stayed the rest of the afternoon and got everything signed, stamped and ready for upload to NRC.
On that note...if you're PRO-NO, do they give reason if there is a substantial disqualifying factor or do you have to figure it out?
+1 on no feedback. My kit literally just said "SNA: Pro-Rec N" on it.

Lancerr1

congrats @varlogkern on the improvement! retaking mine in a couple weeks. What additional stuff did you study for the re-take? I've been going through the thread on the 1000 questions, ASTB thread. I'm really hoping for you sir! You deserve this one, especially with those improved scores.

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
congrats @varlogkern on the improvement! retaking mine in a couple weeks. What additional stuff did you study for the re-take? I've been going through the thread on the 1000 questions, ASTB thread. I'm really hoping for you sir! You deserve this one, especially with those improved scores.
Hey thanks. My study was pretty much limited to the material I found on here. One person redid the ASTB study guide with a chart of flaps and an internal combustion engine on it. I studied that heavily. There were sample questions I pulled just from googling. My scores the first time would have been better if I hadn't bombed the spatial orientation section so bad. The first time through I had a long drive (my NRD/Testing facility is about a 3 1/2 hours from my house) and I didn't sleep much the night before due to test anxiety. I knew a lot of what would help me is the usual stuff, good sleep, eat right, etc. This weekend I'm going to do a roll up on that thread for what had helped me, since it is so long now.

Chris_Clark

Advanced E2/C2
Contributor
Longest 60 days of my life (I say this every year while waiting on results) haha
I know dude... I feel like I have been waiting a lifetime. Spoke to my OR last week. Looks like FY15 #'s came out so that is a plus.... hopefully we are both on the home stretch as far as waiting for PROREC Y/N. I fully understand being active duty that we are only waiting.....to wait again haha.. I will feel 100x better once i find out if PROREC..