• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

June 2010 Boards

CenixOne

SNA FS, DA
Contributor
The problem is, your packet for the July board is due before the June board results come in. I am in the same boat as you, I will have a significantly higher GPA, but my transcript will not make it in time for the June board.

Ah right, good point. Bummer.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
I was told that if I was applying for BDCP, my ACT scores were required. However, if you've already graduated, they are not required.

BDCP-UWP

I was told that if I was applying for BDCP, my ACT scores were required. However, if you've already graduated, they are not required.

Can I just put on the Application the overall number I know I got or do you need official results from the ACT?

eas7888

pilot
Contributor
Can I just put on the Application the overall number I know I got or do you need official results from the ACT?

I was required to submit official results. They were on my High School transcript.

BDCP-UWP

Thank you! Luckily I am on summer break and can go to my high school tomorrow and get them right away and send them to my recruiter!

james23

Thank you! Luckily I am on summer break and can go to my high school tomorrow and get them right away and send them to my recruiter!

I am applying for BDCP too, does that mean I have to include official SAT transcripts? Can I some how get those from college still? I would think they still keep official docs or something in college... hrmmm, my SAT's aren't that great though, hopefully that won't impact my application.

nba1290

I am applying for BDCP too, does that mean I have to include official SAT transcripts? Can I some how get those from college still? I would think they still keep official docs or something in college... hrmmm, my SAT's aren't that great though, hopefully that won't impact my application.

They must be official. The easiest way to do this is get your high school transcript. It gives the dates, locations, and scores from each section and some other crap that the official scores contain. I checked my college transcript and it only has my scores on it (not sure if this suffices, I think I remember on the Navy application it asked about the location and date etc.). ACT is not required, I asked my recruiter and he said don't worry about getting those, but I guess you would have to if you didn't take the SAT.

nate_j52

so im told the 23rd is the deadline to be considered for the june boards, hopefully this time my application will get passed my processor. When r we expecting pro recs? 4th week of june 1st of july?? And how is the flooding situation going to affect us?

BuckWild

Advanced - VT-35
so im told the 23rd is the deadline to be considered for the june boards, hopefully this time my application will get passed my processor. When r we expecting pro recs? 4th week of june 1st of july?? And how is the flooding situation going to affect us?

Nate,

Best of luck to you. Pro-recs usually come out 2-3 weeks after the board convening. As far as the flood situation, it doesn't seem to be affecting any of the May boards

nate_j52

Thats good, we want everything on the up-and-up... i am gonna be harassing the hell out of my OR until i know that my package has made it past my demon processor :icon_rage:icon_rage. I am not a happy camper w/ the recruiting process, although my recruiters cool as hell. i should have pro rec'd months ago, kept getting kicked back for i's not dotted and dates not in the correct format. I guess there's no preferential treatment for priors... What ticks me off is that these problems were not bought up till after the deadlines, or the processors let them sit on their desks till my OR came looking for why i didn't pro rec.. Why couldn't they have kicked them back before the deadline... anyone else have this problem?? Anyway..heres to looking forward...

BDCP-UWP

I was told the 25th is the day everything is due to the board.

Let me preface this with the stipulation that I think I am a good candidate. Solid scores, good grades and plenty of extracurricular's with a lot of extra stuff like world travel on my application...

So I'm really getting frustrated. I've been working on this application since February or so. I paid about four thousand dollars out of my pocket to get eye surgery in January; that's fine, that was my decision and I wanted it done anyway. I began the OCS process in March, getting my packet ready and I then moved to Alaska. The recruiter said it wasn't a problem, especially since I was coming back in June for a while, which would allow me to take any physicals or other necessary bits. He said we would be able to submit to the May board. Routinely, I would submit information, not hear back for over a week at a time, and be forced to call in. Many times, I had to call to ask, "What next?" as my emails and even a few calls weren't getting answered, ever. Well, April 25th comes and goes and I find out that it didn't happen. Again, I play tag for a few weeks, finding out that there were more forms I needed to fill out. Finally, this past week, he said I was pretty much all set.

Of course, I call today, because I just won't feel like I am done until I have heard for certain my packet was sent and I get bad news. Sure enough, I find out that "we lost a processor" and because medical personnel are higher priority, it looks like I am getting bumped back again. Would he have ever even TOLD me if I hadn't called?

I'm just so frustrated. It's like pulling teeth. Every time he says "Oh, I need this" and I get it to him and then there is another form, which he didn't tell me about. I have missed two boards now and I am getting really demoralized. I did some looking, wondering if I should consider switching recruiters, and all I found was "they are busy, give them a break". I understand that he is busy and that other jobs are more desirable or in higher demand, but this is my life here. I could handle getting non-selected. I could move on or try again. I don't want to have to hear, "next month, next month, no more boards this year". I've now dropped in the realm of $5000 (yes, much of this would have happened eventually anyway, but I definitely stepped up my plans with the goal of applying to OCS by at least a year) to try and make this happen, and I am getting worried I won't even get the chance to see if my application is good enough.

Not trying to come off as a whiner. I was just really demoralized today after hearing that. I wish everyone the best of luck on the June board. I apparently won't be there with you guys...

eas7888

pilot
Contributor
Here's the deal Daniel. That's absolute bull shit. I don't care if the recruiter is busy or not. It's their F***ING job! I started working on my packet in April, and I'm able to submit my packet this month for the June board. My OR has been VERY busy, but you know what, she returns my calls and e-mails as soon as possible. I've had to bust my butt too to ensure that the work has been done on her and as well as mine, but in my view, this is something that I'll have to do as an officer as well. It's not just my responsibility to DO the work, I have to ensure that the work is being done by others. If I were you, I would just keep at it. I would keep in contact with your OR as often as possible, and then, when the packet is passed off to the processor, get that processor's phone number, and keep in contact with them. Unreturned phone calls and e-mails are inexcusable. I wish I could tell you a better course of action, but I wouldn't suggest burning any bridges just yet.