• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

June 2010 Boards

WEGL12

VT-28
So we're looking at around June 29th for board results correct? Based on the previous months..

And thx gstapes, good luck!

My recruiter said the result will be released around July 1st. CenixOne are you applying for BDCP also?

nba1290

Don't take my word on this but I have heard there would be no sna boards for june, and none until October. That's the buzz going on the May boards discussion, and my recruiter stressed that I get everything done by May because "I wouldn't be able to apply again until October." Didn't know what this meant at the time but it makes sense if there are no slots left until next FY.

CenixOne

SNA FS, DA
Contributor
Question, what is the date range for submitting the application? I'd like to know where in the stack my app sits. Is it May 1st-20th for June boards?

Thanks

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Sorry and nevermind. There are two pilot/SWO boards left for FY10 (June is the last) and only one left for NFO (May is the last).

http://nyusn.blogspot.com/

This is a rumor. I have heard several people dispute this and one is the Fleet Processor. Unless your OR says something, I would not be paying attention to what one recruiter from New York puts in a blog. Also if you read that blog it says that July is the last not June but once again this is just a rumor.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Question, what is the date range for submitting the application? I'd like to know where in the stack my app sits. Is it May 1st-20th for June boards?

Thanks

Typically it is around the 25th of each month. It was from April 24th to May 25th for the June boards from what I have been told.

E

ebolamonkey

Also, since you're also applying for Intel and Supply, there is a greater chance of you being picked up for those too. So, I wouldn't worry too much. Your OAR is fairly competitive, I would just see about getting another letter of recommendation.

I was told that Supply boards are closed until the next fiscal year but all other boards are still fair game. This was back in March.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
I was told that Supply boards are closed until the next fiscal year but all other boards are still fair game. This was back in March.

This rumor was squashed as well by other people I have talked with. It was confirmed on usnavyocs.com by the Fleet Processor as well.

E

ebolamonkey

This rumor was squashed as well by other people I have talked with. It was confirmed on usnavyocs.com by the Fleet Processor as well.

This is true. Supply is open as I've just found out via the recruiter at UTK.

CenixOne

SNA FS, DA
Contributor
This is a rumor. I have heard several people dispute this and one is the Fleet Processor. Unless your OR says something, I would not be paying attention to what one recruiter from New York puts in a blog. Also if you read that blog it says that July is the last not June but once again this is just a rumor.

If one was to show significant improvements on their application, could they apply to July boards after applying to June boards? Or would they have to wait until FY11?

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
If one was to show significant improvements on their application, could they apply to July boards after applying to June boards? Or would they have to wait until FY11?

The problem is, your packet for the July board is due before the June board results come in. I am in the same boat as you, I will have a significantly higher GPA, but my transcript will not make it in time for the June board.

BDCP-UWP

22/M non-prior
BDCP CEC
GPA: 3.00 - University of Wisconsin-Platteville, Mechanical Engineering
ACT: 25

Stuff I do in college:
University of Wisconsin-Platteville FarmHouse Fraternity, President and now Vice President
UWP United Greek Council representative for 4 semesters, and now Financial Manager
Intramurals, Lots of community service hours with fraternity

Stuff I did in HS:
Football - 4 years Captain 1 year
Wrestling - 4 years Captain 2 years
HS Drumline - 4yrs Captain 2yrs

Other Stuff:
Certified Scuba Diver

Employment:
Prior engineering co-op. (worked 9 months as project engineer designing parts used throughout the nation)
Engineering project management internship this summer

LOR's
High School teacher/wrestling coach..known for 9 years
2 Co-workers..One was my engineering co-op supervisor, other was person I worked/car pooled with who is also prior enlisted subs guy
2 Professors from school

Question: My recruiter told me I don't need to have my official ACT scores in, is this true?

Also, I will be going on the VIP CEC trip to San Diego this week from the 18th-20th! I'm very excited!