• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

June 08 Selection

Rinno

Well I was "Tabled" for the SWO board. I guess that is better than Non-Pro Rec. What does this mean for other boards?

srqwho

pilot
does that mean a majority of the people who go up for boards (not us) probably have the bare mins to qualify for their respective programs??...and on top of that don't get the gouge that we do with respect to motivational statement critiques and getting made fun of by winged folks...and we get our "dumb" questions answered that maybe inadvertantly show up on tests..just through perusing through the forum...

I don't know. But I remember a few discussions I had with my OR and he was surprised at the insight I had about the process... which tells me that the majority of people are kind of oblivious. But maybe not. That insight I had was b/c of this forum. The amount of knowledge I have gained from this forum has for sure helped me in getting my package together. I'm sure there are some super qualified applicants out there who get in and do amazing... but decided that AW wasn't that helpful, or didn't have any interest.

castlmere

I'm a long time lurker but very short time poster (obviously). I was selected SNA and found out today! I am pumped. Just for everyones info here were my hard numbers:

Applied SNA Only
B.S. in Physics and Astronomy GPA 3.64 Clemson University
M.S. in Physics GPA 3.24 Notre Dame

ASTB 7/7/8 63

LOR: Boss/Professor/Research Advisor, Professor, Housing Supervisor/Boss

I still have to do the PRT and endure MEPS as soon as I can arrange a trip there. Congrats to everyone who was selected!

Jayhawk85

I would just like to say something for people reading this going through the application process. There were many times that I got discouraged throughout the process, and I didn't have the most stellar stats compared to many. Just stick with it, and don't give up, and you will be fine.

Good luck

Jayhawk85,

Thanks for the encouraging comment and congrats!:icon_smil

I´ll be putting for SNA and SNFO for the September or October boards.

Does anybody know if statistically one month is more favorable than others in terms of selection for SNA or SNFO (ie. months with historically lower number of applicants)?

Thunderkiss

ENS - SNFO
First, thank you for the Congrats Goob and all your past advice. It really kicked in here...Those interviews were what was needed.

Also I would agree with the others, Take what you are given. You never know how things will turn out. Sometimes NFO end up going SNA from what I have heard (If others drop out and/or you are top of your class), but still dont expect that to happen. Go in to do what you are assigned. Take anything... these are dreams come true NFO and SNA.

SRQWHO, I have all my med docs in and will be doing meps this comming week. My OR said I will probably hit the Sept. Class date. Either way I am super stoked right now and am going to go celebrate... after I hit the Gym of course.

VR,

Thunder

dan15

I've been calling my OR on his cell all day and no answer. Tried to call the office and no answer. This is driving me crazy!! Congrats to everyone that got pro rec'd.

elitewillie

Road to Final Select

Ok Guys and Gals,

I was pro recd earlier today for SNA. I wanted to know if anyone knows or has any idea how long it takes to get final select. I have done my MEPS, PRT, and have a clearance, therefore I believe things should go fast. Any insights?

Willie

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
Ok Guys and Gals,

I was pro recd earlier today for SNA. I wanted to know if anyone knows or has any idea how long it takes to get final select. I have done my MEPS, PRT, and have a clearance, therefore I believe things should go fast. Any insights?

Willie

I have done MEPS, and I believe my clearance was wrapped up this week. I still have to do my PRT, but my recruiter told me to be expecting to ship out around Mid-July.

I have heard around this forum that all OCS classes are booked up through Sept, so I don't know who's right.

Two things that might have come into play in my situation: 1. I'm approaching the age limit -- I turn 27 in April. and 2. I put earliest available report date as 30 JUN 08.

What date did you put?

elitewillie

I believe that the day I put was the day I completed my package which was May 2, 2008. I don't know if my prior service would affect the process either in a positive or negative way. My wife is giving birth in early November so I want to be done with OCS by that time. I would hate to miss the birth of my baby girl. Gonna call my recruiter and lieutenant and see what they can do.

Willie

dimlight85

bears, beets, battlestar galactica.
I think I'm part of some sick game where the point is to make me squirm for as long as possible...still no word from my OR at 6p.m. on Monday.

dan15

Dim, I feel your pain. Called my OR this morning and still nothing. He said that no results were posted on OTOOLS. I don't understand why so many people got thier results and we're still waiting. Hope we both get the word soon. Good luck!