• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July-Ish 2015 Pilot/NFO Rolling Board Thread

afsf1

My recruiter has informed me that they are not able to send any more packages to the selection boards until October, is this true? I have my medical scheduled and am closing up everything in my packet (have ASTB taken, working on LoR etc and will be ready by June with everything), so this board would be ideal.

NavyBlu

My recruiter has informed me that they are not able to send any more packages to the selection boards until October, is this true? I have my medical scheduled and am closing up everything in my packet (have ASTB taken, working on LoR etc and will be ready by June with everything), so this board would be ideal.

No. Unless there has been new info released in the past week which states otherwise, but @RUFiO181 clearly stated that there are going to be more selection boards before October.

afsf1

No. Unless there has been new info released in the past week which states otherwise, but @RUFiO181 clearly stated that there are going to be more selection boards before October.

This is inline with what my recruiter has said. Where we differ is whether or not they are accepting more packets for those boards, as I have been told that while their may be more boards all packets for those boards have already been submitted

exNavyOffRec

This is inline with what my recruiter has said. Where we differ is whether or not they are accepting more packets for those boards, as I have been told that while their may be more boards all packets for those boards have already been submitted

The NRD may have met their application goal, and it that is the case they are going to end up screwing you rather than submitting your application.

NRC doesn't hold application except in rare applications, only seen that once maybe twice and only for reserves.

What NRD are you out of?

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Checking in for this board....super excited.
Yea, with OAR/ASTB scores like yours [9 9 9 72], you should do well at board. You might consider adding some "test taking tips" to the gouge in the ASTB Forum (below), to help out future applicant Shipmates!;)
test-taker.cartoonbox2.slate.com-thumb-400x268-856-thumb-400x268-858-thumb-500x335-1070[1].gif
BzB

afsf1

The NRD may have met their application goal, and it that is the case they are going to end up screwing you rather than submitting your application.

NRC doesn't hold application except in rare applications, only seen that once maybe twice and only for reserves.

What NRD are you out of?

Not sure how to determine NRD but both me and my recruiter are located just outside Chicago

NavyBlu

Let me get this straight. Hypothetically speaking assume NRD New York still has room for more applications to be submitted, but NRD Atlanta does not, that means that those in Atlanta essentially have to wait? In other words not all NRDs will be accepting pilot applications at the same time?

exNavyOffRec

Let me get this straight. Hypothetically speaking assume NRD New York still has room for more applications to be submitted, but NRD Atlanta does not, that means that those in Atlanta essentially have to wait? In other words not all NRDs will be accepting pilot applications at the same time?

An NRD can do things different than another, just like a region can do things different than another, I wouldn't call it best practice but they can, if NRC is expecting goal reductions or maybe they want to wait a bit to see how many people decline or not to know what they really need.

afsf1

An NRD can do things different than another, just like a region can do things different than another, I wouldn't call it best practice but they can, if NRC is expecting goal reductions or maybe they want to wait a bit to see how many people decline or not to know what they really need.

What is the recommended course of action for applicants in an NRD which is not submitting apps due to meeting its own goaling standards.

CTunderway

Pro-Rec Y 30JUN15, FINSEL 4AUG15, OCS 6SEP15
Hey,
I'm checking in for this board even though my package isn't submitted yet. I thought I had submitted my application in Feb. got all my paperwork in, ASTB, medical, LORs, SF86 filled out; recruiter told me everything was good to go and my application was in and he would contact me when he heard back from the board. I found this website last week and found out that everybody was getting their pro-recs that day. I called my recruiting office and he "wasn't in". I asked for the other LT and asked him about the status of my app. He told me he was going to call them and find out. He called me back and said I didn't go to board because I was too old. I turned 26 on April 5. Long story short, I got in touch with OTC as well as NRC and they couldn't find my application in the system. Turned out my recruiter never submitted my app, and apparently didn't have any intentions of doing so. So I got in touch with another recruiter and am going through the process again, but it's a much longer trip to get there so it is going to take a little while to get it in, but I'm feeling good about it and I'm excited.

Best of luck everybody, hope to see you all in the fleet!

SNA applicant
BA Geography 2.95 GPA
20 hours flight (on my way to my PPL)
ASTB: 71 9/9/9
PRK: 02/2014