• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July-Ish 2015 Pilot/NFO Rolling Board Thread

NavyBlu

man, reading about all these horror stories gets me worried. I mean for the most part things are running smoothly with my application package, but I always get the paranoid feeling that I will get hit with a curve ball.

Pwinslow

Hey,
I'm checking in for this board even though my package isn't submitted yet. I thought I had submitted my application in Feb. got all my paperwork in, ASTB, medical, LORs, SF86 filled out; recruiter told me everything was good to go and my application was in and he would contact me when he heard back from the board. I found this website last week and found out that everybody was getting their pro-recs that day. I called my recruiting office and he "wasn't in". I asked for the other LT and asked him about the status of my app. He told me he was going to call them and find out. He called me back and said I didn't go to board because I was too old. I turned 26 on April 5. Long story short, I got in touch with OTC as well as NRC and they couldn't find my application in the system. Turned out my recruiter never submitted my app, and apparently didn't have any intentions of doing so. So I got in touch with another recruiter and am going through the process again, but it's a much longer trip to get there so it is going to take a little while to get it in, but I'm feeling good about it and I'm excited.

Best of luck everybody, hope to see you all in the fleet!

SNA applicant
BA Geography 2.95 GPA
20 hours flight (on my way to my PPL)
ASTB: 71 9/9/9
PRK: 02/2014

That's really terrible. The recruiter holds your future in the balance and he pulls something like that... no wonder he tried to hide.

You completely destroyed the ASTB and would most definitely have gotten picked up in the last board.

mb1685

Hey,
I'm checking in for this board even though my package isn't submitted yet. I thought I had submitted my application in Feb. got all my paperwork in, ASTB, medical, LORs, SF86 filled out; recruiter told me everything was good to go and my application was in and he would contact me when he heard back from the board. I found this website last week and found out that everybody was getting their pro-recs that day. I called my recruiting office and he "wasn't in". I asked for the other LT and asked him about the status of my app. He told me he was going to call them and find out. He called me back and said I didn't go to board because I was too old. I turned 26 on April 5. Long story short, I got in touch with OTC as well as NRC and they couldn't find my application in the system. Turned out my recruiter never submitted my app, and apparently didn't have any intentions of doing so. So I got in touch with another recruiter and am going through the process again, but it's a much longer trip to get there so it is going to take a little while to get it in, but I'm feeling good about it and I'm excited.

Best of luck everybody, hope to see you all in the fleet!

SNA applicant
BA Geography 2.95 GPA
20 hours flight (on my way to my PPL)
ASTB: 71 9/9/9
PRK: 02/2014

That made me cringe. I can't believe he didn't submit your packet with ASTB scores like that. You would have still had a big window of possible OCS classes to get assigned to from getting picked up in the April board since you would have just turned 26 a couple of days/weeks before. Would you mind spilling the beans on which NRD that was? They seem pretty misinformed.

thosefreakinATs

insert witty comment here
pilot
Navyoffrec, or rufio... can either of you guys give me any insight on the biggest determining factors the guys at the board usually look for when selecting. I'm an active duty AT and this will be my 2nd attempt. I upped my astb scores and polished up my kit the best I could. It's alot better than the last kit but just trying to figure out what they're actually looking for. I know you likely can't say it outright but any insight would be highly appreciated

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Navyoffrec, or rufio... can either of you guys give me any insight on the biggest determining factors the guys at the board usually look for when selecting. I'm an active duty AT and this will be my 2nd attempt. I upped my astb scores and polished up my kit the best I could. It's alot better than the last kit but just trying to figure out what they're actually looking for. I know you likely can't say it outright but any insight would be highly appreciated

GPA and ASTB scores. Legal issues are always a red flag.

MemphisBell

pilot
Do you think a GPA of 2.8 with astb scores of 56 7 8 8 would be competitive? No legal issues here

Absolutely! I was picked up last board for SNA with a 53 6/8/8. I think the one big score that the board looks at if you are going for pilot is your PFAR. Seems like last board, if you had 6 or higher you got picked up. You made an 8 on your PFAR, which is in 90th percentile, so I think you should be good to go! All you need is a board now lol.

thosefreakinATs

insert witty comment here
pilot
My concern is my gpa. If they're looking at it then I doubt theyll be to excited about mine. Hopefully my astb and the rest of my kit out weighs the low gpa

TheBirdy

pilot
After missing the Feb and April board, finally checking in for this one for reconsideration after Oct '14 pilot board. Best of luck to all!

NavyBlu

My concern is my gpa. If they're looking at it then I doubt theyll be to excited about mine. Hopefully my astb and the rest of my kit out weighs the low gpa

Honestly, and this is just from seeing how others have been PRO RECed, I think for a PILOT/NFO the ASTB scores carry a lot more weight. If your GPA is higher than the minimum (and I am assuming yours is since I don't know the cut off) then you are good to go. With a GPA like yours, I too would be bit worried, that being said, with ASTB scores like yours I would suddenly forget about what I was worrying about. Not to mention, I am pretty sure the selection board is aware that your GPA is not really something you can "retake and improve", like your ASTB scores, so I would think it is more forgiving.

haimehhh

My concern is my gpa

My GPA is below the 3.5 number that gets thrown around on here AND my PFAR is a 6... we work with what we've got, I guess. I'd trade you a couple pts on my GPA for one from you PFAR... it works that way, right? Plus you're AD and have LORs from Os in the related area. Best of luck but I wouldn't worry about GPA which you can't do much about now.