• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July Boat

hellodollies

Anybody on the forum headed out this week? Also, whats up with the kville boat patches? Saw a butt load of guys walking around with the chest patch off. Also heard something about a GINA and balls, good stuff.

Blacky

Props, baby!
pilot
Apparently the patches didn't fly with someone, no pun intended, so they were told to remove them. That's what you get when you don't approve something with the skipper first. The 21 guys have the best one yet, and I'm pretty sure it won't be topped for quite a while. It's really no competition, though, because the TW-1 guys never come up with a good one anyway.

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
The -21 guys' chest patch got lost in the shipment. I think the last thing the said was that they were in Germany. Such a shame too, it was a REALLY good patch. When they finally come in, someone I'm sure will scan it. The -22 guys' didn't get their patch approved and it was, well, questionable. So they were told they couldn't wear them.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
GERMANY !!! GERMANY !!!!! Naval Aviation patches !!!

That's the problem !!! Get 'em from the PI or Kadena or Tiajuana or at least Atsugi !!!! Germany ..... what has this all de-volved into ... ???? I weep ..... I weep ....
happysmall2kj.gif

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Blacky said:
Apparently the patches didn't fly with someone, no pun intended, so they were told to remove them. That's what you get when you don't approve something with the skipper first. The 21 guys have the best one yet, and I'm pretty sure it won't be topped for quite a while. It's really no competition, though, because the TW-1 guys never come up with a good one anyway.

Haven't seen the "perfect trap" patch, have you?

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
Our TW-1 one was pretty good. An outline of a '70's pimp replete with cane and the words: "This ain't easy, but the world needs hookers."

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
A4sForever said:
GERMANY !!! GERMANY !!!!! Naval Aviation patches !!!

That's the problem !!! Get 'em from the PI or Kadena or Tiajuana or at least Atsugi !!!! Germany ..... what has this all de-volved into ... ???? I weep ..... I weep ....
happysmall2kj.gif

they weren't from Germany, they were actually made in Taiwan :eek: and someone managed to miss an entire continent

lcaeagle913

pilot
I still think one of the better ones showed the carrier on final from inside a Goshawk cockpit, with the words, "I'm not really a pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express Last Night" around the edge...

Oh, and the one Dawgfan was talking about would have been much cooler if it wasn't so... purple

lcaeagle913

pilot
The first two waveoff calls are advisory only-- it's the third, yelling waveoff call that you have to do something about.

Besides, the velocity vector looked like it was where it was supposed to be...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
lcaeagle913 said:
The first two waveoff calls are advisory only-- it's the third, yelling waveoff call that you have to do something about....
I'm sure your comment is tounge-in-cheek, but as there are a lot of impressionable young birdmen/women out there --- lest anyone misunderstand:

ONE WAVE-OFF call was all you got from me or any of my LSO's in the AirWing ..... :) ..... No instantaneous response ... ??? .... the next thing you know you're calling approach for vectors to the bingo field and your butt is burning ..... no joke. ALOHA, because I care ...... :)

lcaeagle913

pilot
A4sForever said:
I'm sure your comment is tounge-in-cheek, but as there are a lot of impressionable young birdmen/women out there

Very good point-- I should have made more of an emphasis on the fact that I was kidding.

Apologies