• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July Boards

Snappers

FS SNA - OCS 02 Dec 2012
I may have missed it in other threads, but was there any rumors of how many Pilots will be picked up this round? My recruiter said the Navy has really opened the door for aviation. But, I remember seeing that selection was supposed to be slim for FY2013 (which begins in October, I think?) Any word on prospective class dates?

My life is so hectic right now that this actually kind of snuck up on me. I've been counting down the days, but it hasn't felt real until now. I'm nervous, anxious, and freakin pumped at the same time!
^ Agree, the next few weeks will be tough. Any news on how many they are looking to pick up would be amazing.

app302

FS SNA - OCS 02 Dec 2012
I heard (word of mouth only, please don't read as gospel) from my OR that there are about 60 SNA spots and about 180 applicants. He also said there are no SNA spots forecasted for 2013, which is making me pretty nervous for this board.

Again, this was word of mouth only. Maybe NavyOffRec has better intel.

I heard (word of mouth only, please don't read as gospel) from my OR that there are about 60 SNA spots and about 180 applicants. He also said there are no SNA spots forecasted for 2013, which is making me pretty nervous for this board.

Any word on SNFO stats?

Good luck to everyone.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot

Yeah, I'd love to hear NavyOffRec's opinion. I plan to submit for SNA/SWO/NFO in January, and last I recall, the numbers for FY13 were looking like SNA 206 (122 ID'd), SWO 133 (121 ID'd) and NFO 32 (26 ID'd). If they cut any more from the SNA numbers, I don't think it's going to happen :|

app302

FS SNA - OCS 02 Dec 2012
Yeah, I'd love to hear NavyOffRec's opinion. I plan to submit for SNA/SWO/NFO in January, and last I recall, the numbers for FY13 were looking like SNA 206 (122 ID'd), SWO 133 (121 ID'd) and NFO 32 (26 ID'd). If they cut any more from the SNA numbers, I don't think it's going to happen :|

I'm suspecting that when my OR said no SNA spots he meant no un-ID'd spots... but I'm not sure. If they were all ID'd already would that mean they wouldn't hold another SNA board until at least Oct 2013 (FY14)?

exNavyOffRec

The final number of applicants never usually comes out before the board because these guys work at processing them until the last minute, but I would estimate about 200, now NRC is 66 away from making Pilot goal IF those that haven't cleared medical do clear. I would expect given the way people drop off for NRC to pick about 60 and then for them to select the replacement numbers in January for those that didn't clear, it just depends on what they are thinking this time.

SNFO spots are a different story they have more than they need if the ones they have clear medical, they could select some as backup or they could select none and go with January to fill any spots left, they are within single digits of making goal.

Not sure what your recruiter is saying as there are no SNA spots for 2013, this board is for the 2013 spots, the 2013 goal for Pilot is 206 and NFO is 32

I e-mailed my recruiter just to check in, and asked what he thought about prospective class dates. He said they have already started filling the October class, so at the absolute earliest selectees of this board would leave in November.

Is the required medical just a MEPS physical, or do you go on and do the flight physical if selected? I've had a MEPS phys already, but have heard the flight phys is not much different other than the unfortunate "two finger poke." :eek:

exNavyOffRec

I e-mailed my recruiter just to check in, and asked what he thought about prospective class dates. He said they have already started filling the October class, so at the absolute earliest selectees of this board would leave in November.

Is the required medical just a MEPS physical, or do you go on and do the flight physical if selected? I've had a MEPS phys already, but have heard the flight phys is not much different other than the unfortunate "two finger poke." :eek:

They are filling November dates as well, I would say January is a better bet given the people that still need OCS dates from the last board.

MEPS only.

pilotsavage

Just curious does prior service really matter that much? I ask this because most of the people I seen selected for SNA are fresh out of college with no flying nor military experience. I am 21 year old Sra (E-4) with 4 years in the Air Force reserves as C-17 crew chief with a pilot’s license. I missed the April board by a couple of days due to a conditional release which I have now, NavyOffRec you may remember me I just hope this time I am at least in the system for this July board.
Good luck to everyone

exNavyOffRec

Just curious does prior service really matter that much? I ask this because most of the people I seen selected for SNA are fresh out of college with no flying nor military experience. I am 21 year old Sra (E-4) with 4 years in the Air Force reserves as C-17 crew chief with a pilot’s license. I missed the April board by a couple of days due to a conditional release which I have now, NavyOffRec you may remember me I just hope this time I am at least in the system for this July board.
Good luck to everyone

In some designators yes, such as IP and IW, with others like Pilot/NFO/SWO not really.

Snappers

FS SNA - OCS 02 Dec 2012
NavyOffRec,
Good evening, I was wondering if there was any truth to the rumblings I have been hearing about an “unofficial” list from SNA/SNFO/SWO board that started on Monday?

V/R,
AWR2

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
NavyOffRec,
Good evening, I was wondering if there was any truth to the rumblings I have been hearing about an “unofficial” list from SNA/SNFO/SWO board that started on Monday?

V/R,
AWR2

Whoa, whoa, whoa...unofficial list, you say?

lDT7o.gif