• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July Boards

deadweather

Pro-Rec SNA & SNFO
My recruiter hasn't returned my messages so I decided to post here and maybe get some feedback (since everyone has been helpful):

I NPQ'ed for my vision only (20/25 corrected). Waiver board ok'ed a opthalmologist consul and I went back up to MEPS for the second time yesterday. They were able to correct my eyes to 20/20, by changing the prescription from -.75 to -.5,and did not see any recognizable problems with my eyes. They sent me back with a letter stating all this. I am hoping this will qualify me, but I am not sure (waiting to here back).

I am worried about the OCS physical though. I still had a hard time reading the 20/20 line. I am worried that the OCS physical eye test will be harder and I will not be able to pass. (and yes, I was actually really dehydrated and only had 3 hours sleep before my last eye exam, so that is at my worst). What happens if you cannot pass the OCS physical? Also, do they dialate your eyes at OCS? that really screws up my eyes as well.

ALSO: I am recently engaged and we are trying to figure out a wedding date... How long should I be expecting a FS letter, if I do indeed get the PQ, and about how far out should I expect to go to OCS? I will be resubmitting my sf-86 today.

Thanks for any help!

exNavyOffRec

If you do not pass the test at OCS you will be given a choice to go home, or redesignate.

The timeframe really depends on how fast your get PQ and how many people get PQ in front of you, there are a lot, it is possible with as many that were PQ some could be going in FY14 OCS classes.

sunowl

SNFO
Congrats on the quick Final Select! And holy cannolis, that class date is soon. Thanks for the heads up; with how fast my process has been going, looks like I'd better be ready to go by then, too.

exNavyOffRec

Congrats on the quick Final Select! And holy cannolis, that class date is soon. Thanks for sharing; with how fast my process has been going, looks like I'd better be ready to go by then, too.

He is a unique situation, he is AD and age critical. I was just notified one of my guys from the April board rec'd a November OCS date.

sunowl

SNFO
Understood, thank you for the clarification. Good to hear the age critical guys going in the nick of time.

But that did remind me to be ready for any date between now and February (and beyond if it comes it that)...

exNavyOffRec

Understood, thank you for the clarification. Good to hear the age critical guys going in the nick of time.

But that did remind me to be ready for any date between now and February (and beyond if it comes it that)...

yes, a person that is scheduled to go may have something happen and you could get the opportunity to go earlier.

steelefx4

He is a unique situation, he is AD and age critical. I was just notified one of my guys from the April board rec'd a November OCS date.

I have been under the gun since I applied, knew that it was going to be super close if I made the cut, and even then, it took the Fleet Processors being on my side and helping me out A LOT. I know that technically that is their job, but because of the age proclivities, they literally held the future of my Naval Career in their hands, a few days (8 days to be exact) means a lot in my situation.

Honestly surprised at how fast everything moved along and I am thankful for the information that was handed down on this site (NavyOffRec!!!) and very thankful to the guys in TN that pushed it along; otherwise, I would be looking at a different career path.

jaclynalyse

So...anyone else NOT pro reced and now waiting for other boards?
I guess that's the boat I'm in.
Can't help but feel a bit defeated, though.