• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July Boards 2010

nate_j52

I was told they are not having the SWO and NFO boards till September, and they are not having them again after that till July 2011.. Now im told tghey are happening now...This is ridiculous

aussie828

I was told they are not having the SWO and NFO boards till September, and they are not having them again after that till July 2011.. Now im told tghey are happening now...This is ridiculous

Do you mean "now" as in they're meeting today or that they met when the other boards did? And where did you hear this from?

nate_j52

I deal with two recruiters ones an O the others not. one told me they are holding the SWO boards this month, the other told me they are not till september. Im going into the office to talk to both of them. ill post what they tell me.

rdjarvis

My OR checked "OTOOLS" for my results. He said that my package WAS viewed by the Board, SNA/NFO were my des. He said the results havnt been posted yet. So if he is right then there was a July board for Aviator. I didnt get the warm a fuzzy from him though....maybe he was just telling me this to get me from calling every day. We will see.

Surfacewarrior

My OR checked "OTOOLS" for my results. He said that my package WAS viewed by the Board, SNA/NFO were my des. He said the results havnt been posted yet. So if he is right then there was a July board for Aviator. I didnt get the warm a fuzzy from him though....maybe he was just telling me this to get me from calling every day. We will see.

I know that there will not be a pilot board until September, so don't beat yourself up over that. I dont know if an NFO board conviened.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
I know that there will not be a pilot board until September, so don't beat yourself up over that. I dont know if an NFO board conviened.

I read somewhere that Aviator is 75% manned and NFO is over 100% so I wouldn't think there would be any NFO board. I think if there was any truth to this it would be NA and not NFO that was seen. I have not heard anything about this so as rdjarvis said I bet it is because he is calling his OR everyday as he mentioned... ;)

Surfacewarrior

I read somewhere that Aviator is 75% manned and NFO is over 100% so I wouldn't think there would be any NFO board. I think if there was any truth to this it would be NA and not NFO that was seen. I have not heard anything about this so as rdjarvis said I bet it is because he is calling his OR everyday as he mentioned... ;)

An Officer in my command used to be an OR and he told me that Pilot is filled for FY 2011 and that the September board will be for FY 2012. I don't know if I would go by that as "gospel", but those who are only applying for pilot should keep that in the back of their head. They may not be going to OCS for awhile.

aukonak

Reading all this speculation is so nervewracking. You'd think it'd be easier to get the definitive word on that kind of thing...

Surfacewarrior

Reading all this speculation is so nervewracking. You'd think it'd be easier to get the definitive word on that kind of thing...
Well I will plan for the worst and hope for the best. Another good forum is www.usnavyocs.com but I have been comparing the information there and here and it seems nobody has a definitive answer. These OCS boards are unlike any other boards because they are not set and I haven't been able to find any documentation stating when a board will occur or any kind of time line to report selection or non-selection. Just have to wait this one out and know you can always re-apply if your not selected the first time.

Surfacewarrior

wow only 12 selected out of the 432423842038 applicants
According to the author, that was for May, June, AND July. I would have liked to see the non-select list so I can validate the credibility by seeing my name on that list, but I haven't heard any complaints about inaccurate data from that site. The rest of us will just have to hurry up and wait.