• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July Boards 2010

Seafort

Made His Bed, Is Now Lying In It
The Admiral chose to use the DD370 form instead of the Appraisal sheet. Why? He's an Admiral and can darn well do whatever he pleases. While I do not know the Admiral "well" nor have a good sense of him, he was aware of me prior to me asking him for help. I didn't just approach a random flag officer. However, I don't intend to go into details. It's really not relevant, and I don't think the board will take the Admiral's comments as anything but genuinely held opinions of me.

aukonak

I think it'd be sound advice for anyone applying to get an officer interview, regardless of whether or not it's mandatory. Same with LORs- why just go with the minimum? Granted, people on here have mentioned cases of their ORs not accepting any more than three LORs.

Lucy- do you think, that in the case your OR is talking about, they care whether the officer is active or retired?

tpietsch

Okay, following this board has nearly made me go insane... all this talk about no SNA/NFO/etc. boards until fy2011 and such. But I'm submitting my packet regardless. I'm scrambling to get all the pieces in by the 24th. All I really have to do is wait for LORs to come in and one possible interview/LOR from a Navy 0-7. But here's the rough & dirty of my packet:

24/M

Preferences> 1. SNA 2. NFO 3. Supply

GPA: 2.82 Univ. of Oregon (BA Business)
ASTB: 8/8/8 62
ASVAB: 93 (probably won't matter, not even sure why I took this)
PRT: sit (OH), push (OH), run (EL)
1 academic scholarship
HS athletic awards (captain, all-state track, etc.)
College rugby (2 years)
Plenty of extracurriculars including one office held (president)

Motivational Statement: touching and motivated

LORS: (I was told title was most important, so I have three Directors and a Dean)
2 professors (study abroad program)
2 family friends
1 US Senator (elated with this one)

Good luck to all! If anyone needs any help with their motivational statement, I'd be glad to help. It's probably too late for July applicants but I'm meticulous and love editing.

leigh321

Did you find out if you made it for the June boards?

Nah Lucy, I don't think we'll find out until late next week at the EARLIEST; the week after that is more likely.

Seafort- I am in no way saying that my OR's advice was right and that I did the right thing by not getting an LOR/interview with an admiral who knew of me, but didn't know me. I honestly didn't even know there were interviews (only LORs) until it was too late. So oh well, no point in caring now.

Alright, I'm done with these forums until I hear back. Good luck guys.

A

AlexSmart

FINALLY getting my name into the hat.. all I gotta say is F*** having to go through medical waivers.

SNA/NFO
3.5 GPA Political Science/Pre-Law, Eastern Washington University
5 years Division 1 QB
60 8/9/9 astb

fingers crossed... might have to wait 'till September

Seafort

Good news, bad news. My kit has been processed, but I was never told I needed to do the NASIS online SF 86 as well as the PDF file. So, the processor told my OR that once I got that done, I'd be good to go, so that's what I'll be doing for the next few hours....

...damn thing doesn't like my Japanese addresses.

james23

Good news, bad news. My kit has been processed, but I was never told I needed to do the NASIS online SF 86 as well as the PDF file. So, the processor told my OR that once I got that done, I'd be good to go, so that's what I'll be doing for the next few hours....

...damn thing doesn't like my Japanese addresses.

Where are you in Japan? I used to visit Tokyo a lot, especially the Ginza area... are you familiar with that place?

Seafort

Yes, I'm the equivalent of a French or Spanish teacher in the US. I teach grammar, syntax, and parts of speech in Japanese as well.

I initially intended to be an English teacher in the US, but Japan paid more, so... Yeah.

tpietsch

James23,

Hey buddy. I can't PM until I have 10 posts but I've done some work on your Motivational Stament. I wouldn't post it on the board so PM me back with an email address and I'll get it out to you.

Lucy

Officer interview tomorrow morning. Package all complete otherwise and will be in tn tomorrow afternoon. Good luck everyone!

Seafort

My OR and I just spent 4 hours on the phone figuring out the thrice-damned to hell NASIS so that the processors could access it and complete my package in Millington. Now, that's from 8PM to Midnight. Not at all normal office hours.

BZ to my OR. That's some serious commitment.

janelson1987

Anyone hear anything about FY11 flight slots? My recruiters had told me that SNA/NFO is closed for this year. You guys think their will be many open slots next year? Ive been chasing this dream a long time. Was going Marine (im an enlisted marine reservist) but now am trying to go navy b/c the corps isnt taking pilots till 2012. Heres my stats....anyone give me a realistic evaluation as to whether or not I have a shot?

B.S. in Military Aeronautics from Liberty University 2.75
6/7/7 53
Private pilot (54 hrs)
Founded LU semper fi society
Class President sophomore/junior year
high school sports
prior enlisted marine
couple of scholarships

LOR's 3 employers
Air Force 0-5 (ret) aviation professor
Air Force 0-7 (ret) Dean of Aviation Dept
Air Force 0-4 (ret) aviation professor