• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July Boards 2010

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
So I found out today I was a non-select for the May boards. Round 2 in the July boards, lets see how it goes this time. And the waiting begins AGAIN...............

Sorry to hear about that. Better luck this time around!

Seafort

Made His Bed, Is Now Lying In It
Just got off the phone with my OR. Change "aiming for" to "definitely in" on the July board. Kit gets processed on Monday.

bwh06b

FS SNA
Just got off the phone with my OR. Change "aiming for" to "definitely in" on the July board. Kit gets processed on Monday.

So your OR did not say a word to you about anything being on hold at this point? I'm dying to hear back a little more about what mine was talking about when he told me everything was on hold until they received further guidance.

jlil41

On the May board forum, joebayo said that his OR sent him an email saying that the June boards were the last for the SNA/NFO boards until September. As for the SWO boards he said the SWO options would be open in July. I don't know if that meant SWO and SWO/IW and the others or just the SWO/IW boards are open. Any insight by anyone would help. That being said when I spoke to my OR about the July boards he never mentioned anything to me about them being delayed or canceled.

rhinoh82

Just got off the phone with my OR, putting the finishing touches on my package for the July boards. My first and second are SNA and NFO respectively, she did not mention anything about July being canceled or delayed.

bwh06b

FS SNA
Well, I don't know what to say. I want to just call my recruiter up and ask him what is going on with it all right now, but the last time I called to talk to him and referenced what other people on this site had to say he got a little pissed about it. It just seems like a lot of you are talking to your OR's today and they are giving you no indication of the process not moving forward, when mine seems to think its all on hold as of yesterday. I guess I'm going to have to call him back after lunch hours and risk pissing him off a little bit. I want to have an update, and he is not always the best about communicating.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
Hey bwh, if nothing else, ask if you could get a reference from your OR. By that, I mean a forwarded e-mail, a memorandum, etc... that the boards will not be meeting after June, with the exception of SWO.

Seafort

I love what researching the last seven years of your life will discover.

Unpaid traffic ticket from 2004. I still owed $266, on account of my USNR status (really? I was an NROTC mid, you kid, right? I have no memory of this at all!) they never processed a warrant. It's paid now. Under the $300 security clearance requirement, so I don't need to include it.

But it just goes to show. CHECK, DOUBLE CHECK, TRIPLE CHECK. No idea what kind of weird crap is going to work it's way out from seven years ago.

bwh06b

FS SNA
I just got off the phone with my OR out of Dallas. He wouldn't give me any information until he got the final say from recruiting command, but he just told me that they will for sure not be having any Pilot/NFO/SWO boards until September of this year. Looks like I've got a few more months to wait.

jlil41

Talked with mine again today, he still wants to put me in for the July boards. He told me that was the first available for m being that I missed the June date. I sent him an email asking if there was any truth behind the "no more boards until September" rumor. When I get his response tomorrow I will post it.

boogerbrain

No longer have a recruiter (he moved) so for now his former commanding officer is my recruiter. I'm going up to Maryland to retake the ASTB tomorrow, will talk to him about this. Was (and still am) hoping to resbumit my package for the July boards.

Seafort

I just contacted my OR AND an NRD CO I know from a different district. I want to know why we have differing scuttlebutt on this, I have all three (SWO, NFO, and SNA) down, but I'll take whatever comes my way first, which I thought was going to be SWO. I'll try to get more information on this.

GrandFromage

23/m
BDCP SNA, SNFO, SWO
61 7/8/6

Did a year at West Chester University with a 2.63 GPA 5 years ago, Semester at Community College Baltimore County with GPA of 3.8, Now at Embry Riddle Worldwide out of Andrews AFB w/ expected graduation in Nov '11 in Professional Aeronautics.

I spent the Last 5 years as a Professional Firefighter/EMT, 2 with the City of Philadelphia, and 3 with the U.S. Forest service (One on Silver City Hotshots)
I was a volunteer firefighter for 5 years, starting at 17.

No fancy scholarships or affiliations

LOR:
3 of my former Fire department officers
1 retired Navy O-6
1 professor/Air Nat Guard O-5
1 highschool teacher
1 EM3(Nuke)/Best Friend

If I don't get pro rec'd, I ship for boot camp Sept 13 for AIRR. I want to be in the Navy, I would prefer as a pilot, but if I have to enlist, then I will enlist, I still have a few years untill the age cutoff.