• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July 2013 Board Final Selects

Just an update:

I went to my OR today to get fingerprints and sign some paperwork for investigation. I already had fingerprints but someone at NRD SD messed up so they needed new ones. He showed me the list of all the NA/NFO selects and non-selects. What is most important was the paragraph on top. At the end it says something like this: "all documents must be turned in by the 20th of September."

It's not a guarantee that I'll get my FS letter by the 20th but that all the information is turned in, which includes the investigation portion. Some selects could potentially receive theirs earlier or later than the 20th, it just depends on the processing and what else needs to be turned in. My OR said NRD SD has the slowest turn around time because they only have 3 people working on this stuff there.

I'm not sure about you guys but my OR walked me through his process and also showed me how he looked up the applicants online and their package status. It's a lot of work considering the amount of applicants he has that asks him just about everyday. He has about 6+ applicants so he gets pretty busy and stressed out. So I recommend not bugging your recruiter about it until it gets closer to the 20th for those who applied and got accepted for NA/NFO late July. They've done all they can do and it's just a waiting game for them; when they get an update they will let you know. Hope this helps.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
People have already gotten their FS letters. Some a week after the board convened. People have also gotten FS letters for the November 17 class as well.

People have already gotten their FS letters. Some a week after the board convened. People have also gotten FS letters for the November 17 class as well.

Yeah lucky you guys! Seattle right? Like I said it just depends on what else needs to be done. Every applicant from my OR that got selected for NFO/Pilot have to do the investigation. They usually wait to do investigation until the end because it's very expensive and it's done by an outside/independent agency. But some others may have to get their medical out of the way.

I'm not too sure how they select which day you leave. I thought it was at random.

dcushman13

None
Every applicant has to do the investigation. Your OR should have had you start before the board. If everything was done before the board, it wouldn't matter what NRD you were from, timing would be determined by when the OCS program manager found a slot for you.

Every applicant has to do the investigation. Your OR should have had you start before the board. If everything was done before the board, it wouldn't matter what NRD you were from, timing would be determined by when the OCS program manager found a slot for you.

Are you talking about the SF86? I did that prior. If not, then I'm not sure. I was under assumption that the investigation was done after you've been selected. Like I said before my recruiter told me that they usually wait until after you've been selected to do investigation because it's done by another agency and that it costs a lot of money. I don't know if they do it differently at other NRD stations but this is what my OR told me.

SaltyDawg85

Are you talking about the SF86? I did that prior. If not, then I'm not sure. I was under assumption that the investigation was done after you've been selected. Like I said before my recruiter told me that they usually wait until after you've been selected to do investigation because it's done by another agency and that it costs a lot of money. I don't know if they do it differently at other NRD stations but this is what my OR told me.

The investigation has to be open before you can get your FS, but they won't open one until you've been pro rec'd, at least not recently.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
False my investigation was opened before a pro y. It depends on when your recruiter sends in the sf86 and fingerprints.

SaltyDawg85

You started the process earlier though. They've since gotten stingy about spending the money.

exNavyOffRec

Just an update:

I went to my OR today to get fingerprints and sign some paperwork for investigation. I already had fingerprints but someone at NRD SD messed up so they needed new ones. He showed me the list of all the NA/NFO selects and non-selects. What is most important was the paragraph on top. At the end it says something like this: "all documents must be turned in by the 20th of September."

It's not a guarantee that I'll get my FS letter by the 20th but that all the information is turned in, which includes the investigation portion. Some selects could potentially receive theirs earlier or later than the 20th, it just depends on the processing and what else needs to be turned in. My OR said NRD SD has the slowest turn around time because they only have 3 people working on this stuff there.

I'm not sure about you guys but my OR walked me through his process and also showed me how he looked up the applicants online and their package status. It's a lot of work considering the amount of applicants he has that asks him just about everyday. He has about 6+ applicants so he gets pretty busy and stressed out. So I recommend not bugging your recruiter about it until it gets closer to the 20th for those who applied and got accepted for NA/NFO late July. They've done all they can do and it's just a waiting game for them; when they get an update they will let you know. Hope this helps.

If there is a good reason they will go past that date, but that means communication from the processor/OR, there are a few here still working on documents from the board in May, or it may have been April.

dcushman13

None
False my investigation was opened before a pro y. It depends on when your recruiter sends in the sf86 and fingerprints.

You are correct. OPM is the agency that does the investigation, and they don't care a whit about pro-recs.

Are you talking about the SF86? I did that prior.

I was. By investigation I meant personnel security questionnaire.

DIVO

You started the process earlier though. They've since gotten stingy about spending the money.

Not true. It comes down to your OR and processor. Has nothing to do with money. Some submit and some wait.

rawhide 26

pilot
Hey guys, everything on here is very helpful thanks for posting.

I'm a male/24/pilot was pro req'd back in july. With some complications with some paper work I still haven't received my FS. But, I heard from my recruiter saying that my security has gone through and everything is good and I'm just waiting on the FS to come in. I'm from SD so it looks like I'm in that boat of waiting for the slow processing. Seems odd that one of the largest military areas would be still on paper to take the ASTB and be so slow at processing. I guess that's just the way it goes.

I'm a male/24/pilot was pro req'd back in july. With some complications with some paper work I still haven't received my FS. But, I heard from my recruiter saying that my security has gone through and everything is good and I'm just waiting on the FS to come in. I'm from SD so it looks like I'm in that boat of waiting for the slow processing. Seems odd that one of the largest military areas would be still on paper to take the ASTB and be so slow at processing. I guess that's just the way it goes.

Lucky you! I'm still waiting on my investigation to go through before i get my fs.

dive n fly

If its any consolation, I had all my paperwork done and meps cleared way before the boards and I'm still waiting too. SD is just lagging it seems. Hopefully all of our letters come soon. I was hoping to leave before new years...

Rawhide, who is your recruiter?