• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July 2013 and/or Rolling Board

Hello all!

I've been lurking for well over a month now. Throughout the month I feel like I've kind of gotten to know many of you. The amount of information and feedback that you all have provided was incredibly insightful and it certainly would have been a much more difficult process without your help. So THANK YOU to everyone who has contributed to this forum.

That being said, CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THOSE SELECTED! I'm sure I will run across several of you at OCS (SWO selectee) and I'm looking forward to building a team to get through the challenge together.

This is cliche, perhaps, but I mean this. To those of you who did not get picked up, keep it up! Here's my short story of why you should keep trying:

I applied right out of college to USCG OCS and didn't get picked up. I lacked experience and didn't expect to be selected. I began working a civilian job that I hated but gave me the leadership skills I needed to succeed later on. When I finally quit because I had had enough I looked to apply to Navy OCS (my real dream). They weren't even taking applications. After a week trip to San Diego and watching an aircraft carrier (CVN-70) put to sea I realized this was what I loved and I wanted to be involved no matter what. I enlisted as soon as I got back. I picked a great job (a good enough one a tiny portion of me is sad I won't get to do it). Last August I completed boot camp and have been enlisted for a year. What a fantastic experience. I've met tons of fantastic people and have gained new perspectives on leadership and other issues that I know will serve me well; even though I haven't been enlisted that long I know that the experience will positively impact me as an officer.

The whole point is this: if it's what you want, keep going after it. If you really want to be a Naval Officer consider all your options and don't be afraid to take some big chances. You might win big!

Good luck to everyone and nice to meet you!

3njoi

Hello everyone.
Much like the post above me I have been lurking for quite a while and would like to thank everyone who has posted on this site. It helped me a lot while applying for OCS. Found out yesterday that i got pro-reced for SNA/SNFO.

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS MADE IT!

24 male-non prior
3.00 GPA Neuroscience from USC
7/8/7 67 ASTB
Waiver for Asthma
MEPS cleared.

dschorr

OCS 20JUL2014
Well its after 5 on Friday and still nothing out of NRD St. Louis. Next week will bring good news I hope.

Buss

None
Hello all!

I've been lurking for well over a month now. Throughout the month I feel like I've kind of gotten to know many of you. The amount of information and feedback that you all have provided was incredibly insightful and it certainly would have been a much more difficult process without your help. So THANK YOU to everyone who has contributed to this forum.

That being said, CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THOSE SELECTED! I'm sure I will run across several of you at OCS (SWO selectee) and I'm looking forward to building a team to get through the challenge together.

This is cliche, perhaps, but I mean this. To those of you who did not get picked up, keep it up! Here's my short story of why you should keep trying:

I applied right out of college to USCG OCS and didn't get picked up. I lacked experience and didn't expect to be selected. I began working a civilian job that I hated but gave me the leadership skills I needed to succeed later on. When I finally quit because I had had enough I looked to apply to Navy OCS (my real dream). They weren't even taking applications. After a week trip to San Diego and watching an aircraft carrier (CVN-70) put to sea I realized this was what I loved and I wanted to be involved no matter what. I enlisted as soon as I got back. I picked a great job (a good enough one a tiny portion of me is sad I won't get to do it). Last August I completed boot camp and have been enlisted for a year. What a fantastic experience. I've met tons of fantastic people and have gained new perspectives on leadership and other issues that I know will serve me well; even though I haven't been enlisted that long I know that the experience will positively impact me as an officer.

The whole point is this: if it's what you want, keep going after it. If you really want to be a Naval Officer consider all your options and don't be afraid to take some big chances. You might win big!

Good luck to everyone and nice to meet you!

Yeah, the 6' height requirement to join the Coast Guard is brutal ;)

Zeb

Non select for SWO

0.69 School of Hard Knocks

LOR Pretty Pretty Princess
LOR Blue from Blues Clues
LOR April O'Neil, channel 6 news
Double LOR Wallace and Grommit

Maturin90

I have not yet begun to fight.
I wanted to put funny, but the first line made me think twice... I'm sorry mate. Always next time to boost your package though!

Reactions: Zeb

alaurin

All day, every day!
Non select for SWO

0.69 School of Hard Knocks

LOR Pretty Pretty Princess
LOR Blue from Blues Clues
LOR April O'Neil, channel 6 news
Double LOR Wallace and Grommit

I don't understand why they passed over you with such impressive LOR's. If you had an LOR from Carnival Cruise lines, you probably would have been set. (Thinking of that disabled and nasty boat in the gulf of mexico earlier this year as I write this)

Macfuego

Quick question amigos, if I like my ASTB scores 6/5/7, but want to improve my OAR (52), can I just study for the OAR portion and retake that? I want to reapply for NFO one more time before I hit 27 June of next year. Thanks!

exNavyOffRec

Quick question amigos, if I like my ASTB scores 6/5/7, but want to improve my OAR (52), can I just study for the OAR portion and retake that? I want to reapply for NFO one more time before I hit 27 June of next year. Thanks!

to retake the aviation portion you must retake the entire exam, if you only wanted to improve your OAR you could just take the OAR part, but then that would negate your PFAR/FOFAR/AQR