• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Joke

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
Some planes have piss tubes, some use piddle packs, and sometimes (from what I hear) you just have to wear a diaper, or if you don't plan ahead, you either A) shit in your flight suit or B) cut yourself out of your flight suit without unstrapping and shit in your helmet bag. Heard a story about option B...guy called his wing on tac and had him run into his room when they landed at the boat and grab another flight suit.

As for me, I've used that relief tube plenty of times (no wonder the Mrs. complains about itching down there), but I've never had to use the bag...which is good because that's where I keep my snacks and other mission essentials.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
random and possibly stupid question: Is there ever a mission in Naval Aviation or spaceflight where you would need to actually wear some sort of diaper based on the duration of flying? If this long type mission exists, do you hold it and get hemherroids, wear a diaper type thing, or keep your dignity and christen your flight suit? :D

Apparently astronauts wear one on launches and reentries due to the time they are suited up in their spacesuits. I am sure they are useful, especially when they get delayed on the pad for hours on end, just watch The Right Stuff and Alan Shepard waiting to take off on the first launch.

phrogpilot73

I never wore diapers, but I did crap into an MRE bag on the rap one time. I'm sure that farmer in West Texas is wondering where it came from...

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
I never wore diapers, but I did crap into an MRE bag on the rap one time. I'm sure that farmer in West Texas is wondering where it came from...

nah...they just resealed it and sent it to the candidates at OCS. Thank God for Tobasco

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
Some planes have piss tubes, some use piddle packs, and sometimes (from what I hear) you just have to wear a diaper, or if you don't plan ahead, you either A) shit in your flight suit or B) cut yourself out of your flight suit without unstrapping and shit in your helmet bag. Heard a story about option B...guy called his wing on tac and had him run into his room when they landed at the boat and grab another flight suit.

As for me, I've used that relief tube plenty of times (no wonder the Mrs. complains about itching down there), but I've never had to use the bag...which is good because that's where I keep my snacks and other mission essentials.

Option C was to carry a couple of small trash bags and use it to line one of the sonobuoy tubes in the old SH-3s. After finishing you could pitch it out the cargo door or toss it over the side of the boat later.

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
About once a year, my parents find a random dirty diaper in their backyard. They live under a popular hot-air balloon route so they take a good guess it's from a lazy mom.

.....or a normal dad ;)

East

东部
Contributor
Enjoy the moment

I just unbuckled, informed the captain I was off-seat, stretched my legs, made myself a cup of Kona sunrise in the galley, got my hands on the newspaper and after finishing my cup I went into the 10 miles high restroom and enjoyed the moment...