• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jets/CH-46/Vance AFB Question

Herk Driver

Life is short...stay awake for it!
This is as good as when I graduated from TBS in '94 and one of our classmates actually had the stones to send an invitation to the Commandant of the Marine Corps for his upcoming graduation. To answer the next question. Yes, he still graduated. And the Commandant actually sent a "note" via the COC all the way down to his company commander politely declining the invitation. Something about more important things on his agenda.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
This is as good as when I graduated from TBS in '94 and one of our classmates actually had the stones to send an invitation to the Commandant of the Marine Corps for his upcoming graduation. To answer the next question. Yes, he still graduated. And the Commandant actually sent a "note" via the COC all the way down to his company commander politely declining the invitation. Something about more important things on his agenda.

I assume it was a joke?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

You might be surprised who actually shows up sometimes. We had an E-2 at my last duty station put down that she wanted the 3-star boss to do her promotion to E-3, it was forwarded up up without so much as a glance. Lo and behold, he says yes a few days prior to her promotion. There was much scrambling to accomodate.

SenorDan

pilot
Seems you haven't started TBS. For now, it should be your primary focus. Regardless whether or not you have prior experience. We recycled two prior SNCOs in our platoon. Don't know what the command climate will be like for your company however, like Cunningham said treat it like a career and think before you do something that may affect your future.
Do so and doors will open for you.
G/L

nzachman

Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
Off topic but this seems like a good place to ask, if you go to Vance do you have to live on base or can you live in Enid?

81montedriver

pilot
Off topic but this seems like a good place to ask, if you go to Vance do you have to live on base or can you live in Enid?

You are allowed to live on or off base. If you are single and choose to live on base, it would be at the BOQ's. IF you are married and your timing is right, you can live in the on base housing. They recently just built a whole bunch of very nice new houses on base, but I would imagine they are in pretty high demand. My recommendation to you is to live off base. The 2 main roads in Enid may not look very nice, but once you get into the sidestreets where all of the neighborhoods are, it looks like any normal place. Also rent in Enid is very cheap. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Herk Driver said:
Believe it or not...no joke. Anybody from the '94 timeframe TBS remember this guy?
I think so. I heard he got booted, but I guess not. If it's the guy I'm thinking of, he was mildly retarded at all times and probably got booted somewhere along the way.

Either that or he got phrogs.

(kidding....kidding... As I recall he was an 0302.)

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
You might be surprised who actually shows up sometimes. We had an E-2 at my last duty station put down that she wanted the 3-star boss to do her promotion to E-3, it was forwarded up up without so much as a glance. Lo and behold, he says yes a few days prior to her promotion. There was much scrambling to accomodate.

That is flippin awesome!