• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jets/CH-46/Vance AFB Question

Cruzin

Thanks to those of you (the majority) that answered these questions seriously, the information was helpful. For those few who felt it necessary to right whole paragraphs about what a dumb post this is all I'm going to say is that I hope you are more professional when dealing with subordinates in your military careers.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wow, you are really going to make your instructors happy with that wonderful attitude. Seriously, get thicker skin, everyone needs it in aviation.

phrogpilot73

Thanks to those of you (the majority) that answered these questions seriously, the information was helpful. For those few who felt it necessary to right whole paragraphs about what a dumb post this is all I'm going to say is that I hope you are more professional when dealing with subordinates in your military careers.
Thanks for the education. I only hope I can model myself after the incredible leadership style you've managed to develop in OCS.

Grow a thick skin. You'll need it, or you'll attrite/DOR. Guaranteed.

Oh, and I thought your post was a waste of time - and thought about closing it after a simple "use the search function" reply. Now I'll just leave it open for the dogpile.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
For those few who felt it necessary to right whole paragraphs about what a dumb post this is all I'm going to say is that I hope you are more professional when dealing with subordinates in your military careers.

I know we all value the career advice from someone as salty as you. I can tell you will go far with that bitchy attitude. Best of luck to you.

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
For those few who felt it necessary to right whole paragraphs about what a dumb post this is all I'm going to say is that I hope you are more professional when dealing with subordinates in your military careers.

Now I'll just leave it open for the dogpile.

...and as a subordinate you should learn the rules of the game prior to playing the game. This website is a pseudo-warmdroom.

Wardroom Rules
Listen more
Talk less

AW Rules
Search and learn from others
STFU

To think that your attitude is pre-TBS is scary. Typically, you grow one when there and get put in check after the fact. Can you not feel the other Marines shaking their head as they read your posts? Pull the tight-assed PT shorts down a little so your boys can breathe and pull the Ka-bar out of your ass.

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot

I immediately regret defending him.

I hope I make it to Pcola so I can hang out with this guy.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Write you are my friend!

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None

Do they speak English in 'What'?

I, for one, am happy that you've been able to provide me with such important guidance on officer professionalism from someone with your obvious skill and experience in that area.

Maybe you can bless us with some of your spelling skillz, too?

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
How hard is it to get jets? Not that hard if you put in the required effort. Know your EPs and procedures cold, chairfly the hops through Fams, and kick ass.

Treat it as a career, not college, and you'll be fine.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Relax, Francis. You're not in a position to lecture anyone here about anything, so chill yourself out, then read the bevy of threads already in existance which cover your fairly pedestrian questions.

Brett

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
Damn, I show up late to the baby seal clubbing again. His response was rich - where has he been for the last ten years of my life. Maybe I could've made something of myself.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I went to Vance and I didn't get jets.

I must have been all kinds of fucked up! Actually, this is probably more true than you'll ever know.

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
I went to Vance and I didn't get jets.

But, at least you have a valid point when you "blame" it on the AF, right?

Probably in the same way that AF kids who go to Whiting and don't select T-38s blame their misfortune on the Navy. :)