• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

January/February 2015 SNA/NFO Board

KnightFlight

Hey, any quick tips on MEPS? I'm going tomorrow.

I was browsing through some old threads and it was pretty much like "get enough sleep, drink a lot of water, and don't be hungover"....

I recommend doing a little research on the depth perception test.
http://www.airwarriors.com/communit...y-2015-sna-nfo-board.42306/page-3#post-796508
Many folks I've talked to had a lot of trouble with it at MEPS, including myself. The machines are outdated but "calibrated annually" psh... I made it through line C which does not pass for pilot. So I saw and ophthalmologist and did a full eye exam including the ARC test. I passed with flying colors, 20-15 in one eye 20-20 in the other and the "most difficult" part of the ARC test was a breeze. I was able to submit my results with my medical information, but I highly recommend avoiding this and passing at MEPS.

exNavyOffRec

I recommend doing a little research on the depth perception test.
http://www.airwarriors.com/communit...y-2015-sna-nfo-board.42306/page-3#post-796508
Many folks I've talked to had a lot of trouble with it at MEPS, including myself. The machines are outdated but "calibrated annually" psh... I made it through line C which does not pass for pilot. So I saw and ophthalmologist and did a full eye exam including the ARC test. I passed with flying colors, 20-15 in one eye 20-20 in the other and the "most difficult" part of the ARC test was a breeze. I was able to submit my results with my medical information, but I highly recommend avoiding this and passing at MEPS.

I would add that the most important thing is for the tech to know you are going for Pilot so they give you adequate time to take the test, 99.9% of the people don't need to pass this exam.

The people I had that were given time to take the test properly and still failed, also could not pass the exam at a civilian ophthalmologist.

KnightFlight

I would add that the most important thing is for the tech to know you are going for Pilot so they give you adequate time to take the test, 99.9% of the people don't need to pass this exam.

The people I had that were given time to take the test properly and still failed, also could not pass the exam at a civilian ophthalmologist.
@TheKelso
I'll second that. The prompter made me feel like I had to complete the whole test within 1 minute. In reality you are able to spend as long as you need on it, so don't feel pressured to hurry through it like I did. They wont write down false results because you took 5 minutes rather than 30 seconds.

mz247

Hey, just stopping by again...please make sure when you go to MEPS, that your recruiter knows what their doing in scheduling your appointment...I for one, thought I was done with my medical, but recently found out I did my medical for my Intel application and I had to do a new one for aviation.

Just be aware and double check with who you're working with, would hate to miss a board especially if they're months apart.

exNavyOffRec

Hey, just stopping by again...please make sure when you go to MEPS, that your recruiter knows what their doing in scheduling your appointment...I for one, thought I was done with my medical, but recently found out I did my medical for my Intel application and I had to do a new one for aviation.

Just be aware and double check with who you're working with, would hate to miss a board especially if they're months apart.

This makes no sense, MEPS doesn't give physicals based on the designator you are going for, they give general military entrance physicals, the scheduling form just distinguishes between officer and enlisted candidates, if MEPS messed something up it is not on your recruiter it is on MEPS.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
This makes no sense, MEPS doesn't give physicals based on the designator you are going for, they give general military entrance physicals, the scheduling form just distinguishes between officer and enlisted candidates, if MEPS messed something up it is not on your recruiter it is on MEPS.

Even if you got an enlisted vs. officer physical at MEPS, your recruiter can still pick up the physical forms and submit to N3M. There's been instances where applicants applied for both enlisted and officer, so all I did for that was wait until they got the physical/enlisted and picked up the forms to get N3M qualified.

TGL78

ProRec Y SNA/NFO
@NavyOffRec Will this board most likely be the last one for FY15? If so, is there any way of knowing how many slots need to be filled for either SNA or NFO? Thanks in advance.

exNavyOffRec

Even if you got an enlisted vs. officer physical at MEPS, your recruiter can still pick up the physical forms and submit to N3M. There's been instances where applicants applied for both enlisted and officer, so all I did for that was wait until they got the physical/enlisted and picked up the forms to get N3M qualified.

I did the same thing, the only real difference my applicants saw was that the officer applicants seem to be treated a bit better.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Is that most likely why I'm not seeing anyone else who's in my 24 May 2015 OCS class yet? Most of them haven't been selected yet?

Not really. One of my applicants has a 24 May 2015 penciled in OCS date, but at the same time NRC is working on filling March and April OCS classes. You're probably one of the first but certainly won't be the last.

kayteedee

Cool. Hopefully we'll start seeing people come this way soon for that date! Thanks. I wonder why I was pushed back so far if they're still trying to fill earlier classes.