• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

January 09 Boards

nebekerb

Final Select SNA
Contributor
For MOST people..final select is a formality. The big hurdle was the pro-rec. If everything is squared away and you pass medical...everyone is pretty much good to go. I would say pro-rec to final select is 98-99 percent sure..it just varies from one person to another WHEN you get your final select.

Look at it this way, you cleared the biggest hurdle. (Prior to flight school and going to NAMI for the flight physical in Pensacola ;) )

I'm hoping my final select doesn't take entirely too long. I did MEPS and the PRT before I submitted my package. I don't think the security clearance will take too long seeing as I already have a SC from when I used to be in the Marines. Oh well...

Leviticus

pro-rec SNA
So, how long do you guys think it's going to take to receive our orders and final selections? Also, how long do you expect we'll have before being shipped off to OCS?

nebekerb

Final Select SNA
Contributor
Anyone checked out to see if they can get onto NKO e-learning yet? For some reason it let me on and enroll in a course.

DA085

Hello all,

After some confusion on my part, it turns out I was in the JAN board. I had originally posted the stats in the FEB. But I'll throw them up here for people to review/compare.

Applied- SNA, NFO- Direct OCS
Age- 23
GPA- 3.37 Aviation Flight Science- Western Michigan Univ. (Grad June 08)
ASTB- 7/8/6 52
LORs- Former employers, Chief Flight Instructors, Former coaches
CFI/CFII w/ 300+ hours, Volunteer pilot for Wings of Mercy

Got the call this morning from my recruiter- Pro-Rec SNA

Congrats to all... this reminds me of the quote "A journey of a 1000 miles begins with the first step." I would consider this the first step.

Charity

Final Select SNA
Lol awesome. He's a good guy. He was a nice change from the AF recruiter that was chock full of BS.

I agree, good guy. He's also very patient, I think I called him 20 times last week, lol, including MLK day. He was actually in his office and answered the phone and talked to me a little...I'm sure he thinks I'm crazy.

swerdna

None
Contributor
So, how long do you guys think it's going to take to receive our orders and final selections? Also, how long do you expect we'll have before being shipped off to OCS?

I looked at old boards and seems to take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months for final select. It's probably variant on the applicant.

Some people were shipping off to OCS within weeks of their final select. I have to finish my degree.

Well, I'll post on here once I find out the final select status.

Good luck for those who are expecting to hear tomorrow.

DFSpence

I looked at old boards and seems to take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months for final select. It's probably variant on the applicant.

Some people were shipping off to OCS within weeks of their final select. I have to finish my degree.

Well, I'll post on here once I find out the final select status.

Good luck for those who are expecting to hear tomorrow.

Good to know Andrews thanks for looking that up. Good luck to everyone finding out tomorrow!