• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jan/Feb/Mar Boards

Ashfrank

T-45C instructor, airline guy
Finally received my signed FS letter. Swore in on Friday and headed to July 8 OCS class.

How do they notify you, exactly? Did the NRD processor call you or did you receive a hardcopy at your residence? Just want to know what to look out for...

ddises01

Pro Rec'd SNA January 2012 - 08 July OCS class
How do they notify you, exactly? Did the NRD processor call you or did you receive a hardcopy at your residence? Just want to know what to look out for...
My OR gave me a call and emailed me the letter. I signed all my papers that afternoon in my OR's office.

canav08

Final Select SNA OCS 08 July 12
Finally received my signed FS letter. Swore in on Friday and headed to July 8 OCS class.

When did you clear MEPS if you don't mind me asking? I cleared on 7 Mar and my OR submitted the final security paperwork on 8 Mar. Starting to get a little anxious.

Thx

exNavyOffRec

When did you clear MEPS if you don't mind me asking? I cleared on 7 Mar and my OR submitted the final security paperwork on 8 Mar. Starting to get a little anxious.

Thx
remember clearing MEPS means nothing, the key is when the physical was submitted to N3M

canav08

remember clearing MEPS means nothing, the key is when the physical was submitted to N3M

True true and you've told my dumb rear end that before.

Well I finally broke down and called the NRD today on the pretext of something else. Processor was able to see that there was an FS letter "in routing and waiting for signature". From what I read here, that means I can stop being so concerned.

Thanks Sir for all your help to me and everyone on the forum. Sorry to be a pain, I've been burned on these things before when paperwork has been mishandled by MEPS/others so I'm always overly anal.

sparrowbomb

E-2 NFO
Talked to my recruiter today and he said everything should be good to go for me to get my FS letter soon. He said my security clearance went through and there hasn't been anything to reject me. Then something about processors and such... Anyways, he said I should hopefully here something in about a week or two. Is there anyone else from the Jan board still waiting on their FS/OCS date?

jakerx

Pro-Rec'd SNA & NFO Jan. 2012
Is there anyone else from the Jan board still waiting on their FS/OCS date?
Yes, sir. I'm still waiting on my FS/OCS date.

I was PQ'd by N3M quite a while ago; however, there was a technical glitch/issue with my JPAS so they had to submit my SF 86 using e-QIP through OPM instead of NASIS. Apparently a few others and myself had this same issue.

Oh well. No biggie, I guess. I don't foresee any delay in OCS timing overall; it's just delayed my FS a tad bit longer than some others. I believe the first person from my NRD to get his FS after the January board received his FS only a week and a half ago.

sparrowbomb

E-2 NFO
I was PQ'd by N3M quite a while ago; however, there was a technical glitch/issue with my JPAS so they had to submit my SF 86 using e-QIP through OPM instead of NASIS. Apparently a few others and myself had this same issue.

Pretty sure the same thing happened to me. I was PQ'd by N3M almost immediately after I heard that I was selected. Then the issues were with my clearance. Even if they tell me I won't get to go to OCS until sometime late this year I'll at least be glad to finally have a definite ship date.

canav08

Talked to my recruiter today and he said everything should be good to go for me to get my FS letter soon. He said my security clearance went through and there hasn't been anything to reject me. Then something about processors and such... Anyways, he said I should hopefully here something in about a week or two. Is there anyone else from the Jan board still waiting on their FS/OCS date?

Yes, I'm still waiting as well.

I was told this past Tuesday that I had a final select letter "in routing waiting to be signed". I hope its not much longer.

jgwalker

FS NFO, 29 JUL
Still waiting, too. 2 weeks ago my recruiter told me my FS letter was being held because I was still up for IW. Had to write a letter saying I prefer NFO over IW. Hopefully I'll be hearing soon. Probably going to check in with him tomorrow.

neppler

In 10 miles, turn left on V198...recalculating...
None

Yes. I was told two weeks ago that everything had cleared and my letter was waiting to be signed and a class date assigned by the director of accessions. I wasn't given a time frame on when to expect a call, just "very soon." I got a very obvious hint to stop calling until he calls me, which is understandable.

canav08

Yes. I was told two weeks ago that everything had cleared and my letter was waiting to be signed and a class date assigned by the director of accessions. I wasn't given a time frame on when to expect a call, just "very soon." I got a very obvious hint to stop calling until he calls me, which is understandable.

Yea, I always hate to call and be a pain but I don't think its out of line just to check and make sure the wheels are turning.

Granted it was with a different service and USN has not been nearly as inefficient, I had issues with similar things and it turned out paperwork never left MEPS, was sitting on recruiters desk and on one occasion, I was totally forgotten about for 2 months while a different recruiter took over. If I spoke up, Id have avoided those things. As long as you don't go overboard, there is nothing wrong with picking up the phone, IMO.

jgwalker

FS NFO, 29 JUL
Just checked in with my recruiter, apparently my letter is currently sitting on the desk to be signed. Should be available "within a week". Hopefully the rest of your letters are close too.