• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board 2 MAR 2020

Ancalagon

I just heard from my recruiter that the submission deadlines for the IWC boards was moved from this week to January 30/31st. He said there's no rumor about them canceling it like last September's board.

Not sure how this affects the board's decision date or how this interacts with the other boards. Anyone got more info to share?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I just heard from my recruiter that the submission deadlines for the IWC boards was moved from this week to January 30/31st. He said there's no rumor about them canceling it like last September's board.

Not sure how this affects the board's decision date or how this interacts with the other boards. Anyone got more info to share?

Or that you’re simply overthinking

NCCGT

I finally went through MEPS today and visited my recruiter in office. He didn’t mention anything about this board submission deadline being moved.

I’m hoping you’re right about it being moved to the end of the month, otherwise I’m going to miss yet another board.

Ancalagon

I finally went through MEPS today and visited my recruiter in office. He didn’t mention anything about this board submission deadline being moved.

I’m hoping you’re right about it being moved to the end of the month, otherwise I’m going to miss yet another board.

Ask your recruiter to check into it if not already. Exact wording I got today while I was finalizing my package was "Not sure if I informed you yet, we received word that the new submission deadline for intel fields will be 30-31 Jan." I'm also putting in for the SWO board as my third choice, though, so I guess it doesn't matter for me, still gotta submit this week.

Last edited:

NCCGT

Ask your recruiter to check into it if not already. Exact wording I got today while I was finalizing my package was "Not sure if I informed you yet, we received word that the new submission deadline for intel fields will be 30-31 Jan." I'm also putting in for the SWO board as my third choice, though, so I guess it doesn't matter for me, still gotta submit this week.

I already sent him a message and let him know the RUMINT. I asked if there was anyone he could ask to verify tomorrow.

I’m hopeful what you heard is correct so I can make the next board.

TKDiggles

Finally found out that I wasn't even submitted for the Dec board because my TIS waiver sat on someones desk too long. Oh well, was told by Mr. Celestin that I'll be submitted for this one.

Let that be a warning to you guys to make sure you confirm your Package was actually submitted to the board.

NCCGT

Finally found out that I wasn't even submitted for the Dec board because my TIS waiver sat on someones desk too long. Oh well, was told by Mr. Celestin that I'll be submitted for this one.

Let that be a warning to you guys to make sure you confirm your Package was actually submitted to the board.

I keep hearing to go through your recruiter, but for this reason I feel like it's appropriate for applicants to call themselves to confirm their package was submitted. Recruiters are just human after all, as are the processors receiving the package. Either one could make a mistake that could cause you to miss the board, so giving Mr. Celestin a friendly call after your OR says it's submitted seems like a wise move.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I keep hearing to go through your recruiter, but for this reason I feel like it's appropriate for applicants to call themselves to confirm their package was submitted. Recruiters are just human after all, as are the processors receiving the package. Either one could make a mistake that could cause you to miss the board, so giving Mr. Celestin a friendly call after your OR says it's submitted seems like a wise move.

It’s a different process for fleet (active duty/navy reserve) applicants than it is for those working with a recruiter.

Do not directly call CNRC unless you want your recruiter to be in deep doo doo. There’s few systems in place for your recruiter to verify if you’re “at board”.

NCCGT

It’s a different process for fleet (active duty/navy reserve) applicants than it is for those working with a recruiter.

Do not directly call CNRC unless you want your recruiter to be in deep doo doo. There’s few systems in place for your recruiter to verify if you’re “at board”.

My only reply to that would be that I doubt anybody wants to get their OR in trouble. But as applicants who have little personal control over the submission of our applications, there’s no recourse for us if the things we were told would happen with our package don’t.

People end up having to wait months longer and make significant life changes or stall big potential decisions because somewhere along the line (and through no fault of their own), packages don’t make it where they need to on time.

As prior service, just like with any company, I think we can all agree that not all recruiters are created equal. And for those who happen to get a bad/lazy recruiter, the applicant ends up paying the price. So I think that’s why there should be some way for applicants to check on things themselves outside of their recruiter, at least for the final submission. But that’s just my opinion and not everything in life is fair.

exNavyOffRec

My only reply to that would be that I doubt anybody wants to get their OR in trouble. But as applicants who have little personal control over the submission of our applications, there’s no recourse for us if the things we were told would happen with our package don’t.

People end up having to wait months longer and make significant life changes or stall big potential decisions because somewhere along the line (and through no fault of their own), packages don’t make it where they need to on time.

As prior service, just like with any company, I think we can all agree that not all recruiters are created equal. And for those who happen to get a bad/lazy recruiter, the applicant ends up paying the price. So I think that’s why there should be some way for applicants to check on things themselves outside of their recruiter, at least for the final submission. But that’s just my opinion and not everything in life is fair.
My NRD had a few applicants call NRC, the result was always the same, IF someone answered they would find out what NRD they were working with, then they would find out why they called, they would not give the applicant any info, then they would call the NRD CO, nothing like pissing off the person that has to recommend you for the board.

None were my applicants as mine were well informed of the process and the chain of command.

jhaselti

I was picked up on the last board, i had officially submitted package on November 19 when the board met on Dec 2nd. I was just waiting for the final things from MEPS and final clearance letter since my visit to MEPS in September of last year. I have a very good recruiter, when we were a week or so out from the due date she called the processors office to find out if they could still fit me in since we waiting of final approvals. As soon as everything was good she submitted and let the processor know and it was at board a day later. But you need to make sure you and the OR are diligent to make sure everything is good to go and you have a good shot to make the board if submitted up to a week or so before the date.

sldm992

I was also told by recruiter package submission due date was pushed to the end of this month, however the board convene date has not changed