• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board 2 MAR 2020

EO87

Very true, I should have put “civvies” instead haha
Yea i feel bad for yall. This delay is probably agonizing. But for future reference, the classes have been cut down to 50% and needs of the navy are being sent first. Which means designators who need people will be sent before others. Just an fyi

Barr

Yea i feel bad for yall. This delay is probably agonizing. But for future reference, the classes have been cut down to 50% and needs of the navy are being sent first. Which means designators who need people will be sent before others. Just an fyi
What designators are In highest demand?

EO87

I have no idea. Just reiterating what Mr. Celestin has put out. Again, he doesn't know all, but he has a better grasp on this than we do.

exNavyOffRec

I have no idea. Just reiterating what Mr. Celestin has put out. Again, he doesn't know all, but he has a better grasp on this than we do.

I could see them scaling back proportionally to keep the flow going for each designator, of course 50% of 100 and 50% of 10 are the same percent wise, but number wise it makes it look like the smaller number is getting really cut.

A-Aron

Since the OCS classes are being reduced to 50% now, I wonder what that means for the us, the March IWC board applicants:

1. Select the same number of candidates as initially planned, and then stretch them out over a long period
or
2. Drastically reduce the quota and select much fewer candidates than initially planned

NCCGT

Ju
Since the OCS classes are being reduced to 50% now, I wonder what that means for the us, the March IWC board applicants:

1. Select the same number of candidates as initially planned, and then stretch them out over a long period
or
2. Drastically reduce the quota and select much fewer candidates than initially planned
judging by the wait for civi results, safe to say it’s the latter.

Ancalagon

or

From what I've seen from previous boards, sometimes a board (like one of the SWO boards last year) happens to over-select waaay too many people. But those people stay selected, and NRC just has to spread their OCS dates out over a longer time frame.

So hopefully the delay doesn't mean they're "unselecting" people like #2 implies, but rather that they're having to do some difficult shifting around of people's projected OCS dates to make room for us.

I'm ever the optimist. ?

EO87

Any word for you Civs yet? I feel that yall might be getting shafted. Which sucks.

NCCGT

Any word for you Civs yet? I feel that yall might be getting shafted. Which sucks.
No word yet, and it seems most the OR’s we have don’t have any consistent or definitive information either, but better not contact Recruiting HQ...or else. It’s a great system for accountability, something the military is all about.