• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board 2 DEC 2019

Jmanstar

Is anyone else still waiting to hear the date they leave for OCS or did they tell you as soon as you were selected

TR_9124

@Jmanstar You have to make sure you get your Pre-Screen interview done. Are you active or civilian? I have my Pre-screen interview Thursday morning and once that is complete and positive, they work the FINSEL with class date.

soharo

@Jmanstar You have to make sure you get your Pre-Screen interview done. Are you active or civilian? I have my Pre-screen interview Thursday morning and once that is complete and positive, they work the FINSEL with class date.
What's the pre-screening interview consist of? I'm currently PCS'ing. Waiting to hear back from the processor for guidance.

Last edited:

TR_9124

@soharo It's a SCI Pre-screening....so whether you already have a clearance or not, its part of the process. I'll let you know how it goes Thursday

soharo

@soharo It's a SCI Pre-screening....so whether you already have a clearance or not, its part of the process. I'll let you know how it goes Thursday

Interesting. I assumed that was only part of the process for those that are civilian/non-IWC. I'll have to look into that.

nathhaw

Interesting. I assumed that was only part of the process for those that are civilian/non-IWC. I'll have to look into that.
Everybody has to do it. Find out who the REGION SSO is for wherever you go. It's not just the command SSO. My screening is today, and I already have SCI.

saitoyui

So, after being Prorec-N'ed at the SWO and NFO boards a few months back, I get word from my OSO a few days ago that my IP application - which we weren't sure I qualified for and considered a "figured we'd throw it in while we're at it" inclusion - got recommended.

ASTB: 62 (7-4-6)
GPA: 2.92
Age 22 Male
Cognitive Science
Civilian
LOR: A single Mustang O1.

There appears to be a God. And his whims are beyond mortal comprehension.

Ancalagon

So, after being Prorec-N'ed at the SWO and NFO boards a few months back, I get word from my OSO a few days ago that my IP application - which we weren't sure I qualified for and considered a "figured we'd throw it in while we're at it" inclusion - got recommended.

ASTB: 62 (7-4-6)
GPA: 2.92
Age 22 Male
Cognitive Science
Civilian
LOR: A single Mustang O1.

There appears to be a God. And his whims are beyond mortal comprehension.

Congrats, man!

Did you really have only one LOR? Is there anything about your particular application that you think stood out, besides your really high OAR score of 62?

Recruiter just let me know I wasn't selected for Intel (but I was selected for SWO back in November). Again, congrats to all who did get selected, and keep fightin' the good fight to all those who have yet to be so. Lucky to have found these forums, for the gouge and the community.

Here are my stats if they help anyone out:
Male, 26 years old, no prior service
OAR: 61
Bachelor: Fine Arts, GPA: 3.87
Masters: Liberal Arts, GPA: 3.93
LOR's: employers, dean
Appraisal: One O-6 (Intel), all 10s

Just waiting on FINSEL now. Hope to meet some of y'all in person in RI!

soharo

Anyone receive a date yet? I was told yesterday some packages were coming back down from the director to the processors.