• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board 2 DEC 2019

TR_9124

With regard to the low OAR, I was selected with only a 48 and approved OAR waiver....that goes to show that it's more than a single piece of data on the package. Don't lose hope and keep applying.

To those selected, congrats and I look forward to OCS/NIOBC and serving with you in the future ?

To those who aren't, I'm more than willing to provide a copy of my package along with any insight I received throughout the process.

Thanks to @RecruitingGuru and @NavyOffRec for your insight into the process throughout.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
With regard to the low OAR, I was selected with only a 48 and approved OAR waiver....that goes to show that it's more than a single piece of data on the package. Don't lose hope and keep applying.

To those selected, congrats and I look forward to OCS/NIOBC and serving with you in the future ?

To those who aren't, I'm more than willing to provide a copy of my package along with any insight I received throughout the process.

Thanks to @RecruitingGuru and @NavyOffRec for your insight into the process throughout.

Being an IS1 probably helped too.

TR_9124

@CowboyFan15 I just got the OPINTEL NEC in June, but have been doing all source at the command we spoke of for almost five years...so maybe experience played a large role with my selection. Undergrad GPA was high as well as having stack appraisals. I do have both OPINTEL and GEOINT NECs now along with a few others....I think it was definitely the whole person concept, which shows that a single aspect of your package will NOT get you thrown to the side.

nathhaw

Triad notified me I was selected for IP. After noticing how relatively many people are getting IP out of a list of applicants nearly four three times smaller than INTEL, I found an article about fiscal year 2019 and a big push to get IPs to ships. Perhaps this required increasing manning, an ongoing requirement that has pushed now into FY20, explaining all the people who made it or all the surpised Pikachus who didn't even apply for IP.
https://www.military.com/military-report/navy-ip-officers-go-sea.html

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

I feel applicants get too hung up on OAR, it is a blip, seen too many selected with low OAR that had a high GPA, usually if the GPA is high the OAR will end up being high, but sometimes odd things happen.

I would also say it was the IS thing, years ago AD was a big factor for selection.

CowboyFan15

BOL is updated, and it’s official... didn’t get selected. Congrats to those selected and see the rest of you all next time