• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IT issues, moderation complaints, and discussions about the Geek/Brony Venn Diagram

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
I’ve heard of the pervs that lust over My Little Pony but didn’t know that they were called Bronies or that it is a common IT guy fetish.

I actually didn't realize it was common amongst the IT crowd either...

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I actually didn't realize it was common amongst the IT crowd either...
. . . it's not. Aside from skewing toward stereotypically geeky hobbies like sci-fi and such (and even that isn't necessarily a rule), there's honestly not THAT many no-shit weirdos working in tech. Sure, there are some here and there, but most people still can interact with the normal human race just fine, even if they do tend to be more introverted than the general population.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Next week firing an IT company that provides services to my wife's small firm. Communication totally sucks, both external and internal. Have to describe symptoms over and over. Shift change and another tech starts over and repeats half of what already done. I put everything on the stereotype of an IT guy. Nice enough, but unable to communicate well enough, even with each other, to be effective.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Next week firing an IT company that provides services to my wife's small firm. Communication totally sucks, both external and internal. Have to describe symptoms over and over. Shift change and another tech starts over and repeats half of what already done. I put everything on the stereotype of an IT guy. Nice enough, but unable to communicate well enough, even with each other, to be effective.
use Jira

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
For all you new Ensigns coming here to look for advice on aviation uniforms and customs...you should apparently look elsewhere.
The wisdom imparted on the new Ensigns comes from when they learn to read between the lines and meditate. This thread is a little bit of Sun Tzu on the art of "how to dress yourself in the morning" and a lot of naval aviation.

What would Sun Tzu have to say about wearing shirt stays to API muster?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And your passive aggressive post is doing what, exactly, to help the situation...?
I think it adequately communicated the fact the thread has drifted way off topic without being an ass about it. If someone cares and has a germaine comment on topic that was a hudge to post it now. What exactly would you suggest be done to help the situation? When have we EVER been able to control thread drift? And is it entirely necessary?

SlickAg

pilot
I think it adequately communicated the fact the thread has drifted way off topic without being an ass about it. If someone cares and has a germaine comment on topic that was a hudge to post it now. What exactly would you suggest be done to help the situation? When have we EVER been able to control thread drift? And is it entirely necessary?
I don't care about thread drift. It's a pretty common occurrence on the old worldwide web. Anyone who can read knows the thread had already drifted off topic. So announcing it like that seems redundant.

If y'all want, split it off into another thread. That's why God made you moderators, right?

And the best thing about this whole recent string of posts has been that now you and the dude who regularly calls the stuff that you post stupid (@Brett327 ) are on the same team again. Remember, teamwork makes the AW dream work!