• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IT issues, moderation complaints, and discussions about the Geek/Brony Venn Diagram

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ah, Teams. It’s actually decent. But just when we figure it out and get everyone upgraded from guest accounts, the Navy hints at sunsetting Teams and switching us all to O-365.
O-365 includes Teams, at least in some plans . . .

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I can't imagine running O-365 on NMCI. I have to use it at my work with regular cable internet (and a VPN, which slows down things a little). Outlook is miserable to use, even on IE. It's extremely laggy. I used to be able to use the Outlook app on the computer, but supposedly we don't have a license for that now, according to IT (which are little help in general). And why can't I mark something as "UNREAD" from within the email? Why do I have to go back to the email list and then right click to do that? It's so annoying. I don't have to do that on my phone or in the actual Outlook desktop app.

I'll occassionally have to use 365 Office to update something on our Sharepoint, which quickly devolves into me just wishing I had downloaded the document, updating, and then upload it back.

Our work computer has plenty of resources, so it's not that. I run into the same lagginess on my home PC or my Macbook Pro.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Ask your local IT shop for an E3 license. your manager may have to approve it, but that'll give you all your desktop apps back.

Don't use IE. Just don't.

TF7325

pilot
Contributor
To date I also doubt I would have passed API if it wasn't for my friends and study groups and also thanks to instructors who knew how to emphasize important points.

Can you get virtual footstomping?
Can confirm virtual foot stomping exists, most instructors would usually would say the same thing over again and again and again.
I also probably wouldn’t have made it through API without my study group, one of whom was an aerospace engineering major which was a huge help when it came to Aero.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Ask your local IT shop for an E3 license. your manager may have to approve it, but that'll give you all your desktop apps back.

Yeeeaaaah.... We've done that. IT can't be bothered to answer questions. I'm refraining from going on a rant about...many things, as it relates to your post. Not that your post is in error, at all.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Big yikes to your IT dept

0745: <Can't log into system to put myself on duty> (legal requirement)

0755: <Call IT to ask for help about logging into system>

0810: <Figure out a way to make it work on my own>

1045: <IT calls asking how they can help>

Fortunately we've since been briefed on an administrative work around for the above scenario, but it gives you an idea on what we're working with.